Modding Help Character dimensions in Pixels

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by orchardmomo, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. orchardmomo

orchardmomo Orbital Explorer

Hi everybody. So I am going to try to create a race for starbound but first I need to know how many pixels by how many pixels is the max for a character. I am going to try to use Piskel to create it. I am going to need all the help I can get. Thanks!

2. Mioure

Mioure Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your best bet is to either wait for an answer, look for it on a wiki, or make some testing mods yourself.
    If you extract the files from the main assets folder, you can then edit the characters and draw a multicolored line.
    apply the changes in your mod folder, load up the game, and then see where the line cuts off and judge from there.

I am not sure if there is any dimensions labeled in any of the files for characters movement, but the above mentioned method is usually a last-resort. I would recommend trying to make sure you can research it first.

3. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

There's not really a max, as far as I can tell. You can make it as large as you want if you know how to format it. Standard frame size is 43x43, with the feet being one blank pixel from the bottom. Take a look at the humanoid section of the assets if you want to see how the vanilla race sprites work. Speaking of the assets:
    Unpacking the assets is borderline mandatory if you want to make any real progress modding. Also consider downloading a race base to help you get all the necessary files in order.

4. orchardmomo

orchardmomo Orbital Explorer

Alright. If anyone else has a definite answer please tell me but in the meantime thank you.