Modding Help Character creation issue: facialhair category appearing over hair.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by jaymee_murder, Sep 29, 2016.

1. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey guys, so here's my problem, i'm making a species that has jewellry, facepaint etc and im putting it in the facial hair category cos that seems like the best place for it to go, but i want it to appear underneath the hair files, but it appears over, a person suggested just switching the hair with the facial hair, the issue with this is that then the hair appears over the body, so all the back of the hair goes over the chest, this is obviously a massive negative to approaching the problem this way. By default the hair is on top of the head and back arm, but goes behind everything else, the facial hair goes in front because its designed to go in front of the body so you have the option to make stuff like long beards, i wanna know if there's anyway to make the stuff i want underneath the hair do this without having to change where the hair is and possibly even keeping the ability for that stuff to still go in front of the body. Is the category used for the avian beaks a possibility? (im not really familiar with how the beaks work) Any help will be appreciated :)

2. jaymee_murder

Also is it possible to make beards put in the facialmask category change color with the normal hair?

3. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

So the hair generated over the chest? That's... unexpected, though I guess it makes sense considering the nature of beards. Sorry about that.
    I'm pretty sure using the beaks won't help you, because they should generate over even beards(avians use "fluff" in the beard slot, and the beak generates over that)
    now THIS I can help you with. Simply recolor the beard image to the same color scheme as the hair image. When it comes to the character generation recoloring, recoloring a specific color affects every instance of that color on every body part.

4. jaymee_murder

Its okay man, the stuff im using is for the most part not overlapping the hair and where it is its looking okay, so i think ive worked around this, i think itll be nice if chucklefish make it so we have more control over this in the future though. I'll try adding beards to this category and see if i can make the recoloring work, thanks man.