1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Changing E-mail?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by HerpDerpy, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

So when I ordered the game I used an E-mail that I now cannot get access to anymore. This concerns me im almost 100% sure this means I cannot obtain the code to get the game as well. So my question is if there is any way to change the E-mail I used for the order of the game?

Just as a little more info on how I lost access to it. A while ago my houses internet was upgraded, and along with that process came a lot of fiddling with the internet and pretty much everything associated with that. So, my main E-mail (hotmail) assumed that someone ells tried to access my account and locked it. Unfortunately for me despite filling in as much information as possible on the form to get access again I was not granted access. Usually I would think that someone ells was trying to access it but I know for sure it was my internet shenanigans because my second E-mail was also locked for the same reasons.

And no im not talking about the E-mail linked to my forum account, I already changed that.

2. If you still have access to your Humble Store page, you should be able to update it there, and that is also where you will find the game download/Steam key. The email on your playstarbound.com/redeem/XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX page will be used to let you know when the game is available, so update that by going to that page (linked from your Humble Store page and vice versa).

If you can't access your Humble Store page, you could email support@chucklefish.org with your transaction ID and they should be able to change it.

3. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

Im confused. I checked the humble store and attempted to log in with my old email and pass but nether my old email, or my new one has been used for an account. If its any help, when I preordered it I made my transactions with the google wallet.

And where would I find the transaction ID?

4. If you didn't "claim" the page under a Humble account, then you should be able to just go to the page itself if you have the link favourited/in your history/etc. and change it there I think.
    I'm not familiar with Google Wallet, but I think it would be listed on your transaction history page (I think the ID starts with an X).

5. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

Alright I have my transaction ID. Do I email support asking to change it to a different Humble account or just to my new E-mail?

6. If you have a Humble Account and can log into it, then you should be able to change it yourself on Humble's website. If not, then email support and they should be able to change the email associated with your purchase page.

7. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

Alright, thanks for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.