Modding Help Change Dialogue Help?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Tewth, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Tewth

Tewth Aquatic Astronaut

So I got to day 28 Summer of year 2 and Haley fed my animals for me, and I was expecting the usual "I also filled Lotty's (my cat) water bowl" but instead she now says "I also filled the farms water bowl."

I have been looking everywhere for the file containing that dialogue to edit it back but for the life of me can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know which one it is? I'm assuming one of the mods i recently installed changed it for whatever reason..

Also if someone could tell me what the character is for the game to insert the name of my pet in dialogue that would be great! (e.g. @ inserts the players name).

• Tewth

Tewth Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah I have looked everywhere, this line of dialogue is nowhere to be found in any of the dialogue files whether they be marriage specific, character specific or any event dialogue that I could see..

Any ideas??

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A bunch of text, like quests, seems to be hardcoded into the .exe
        You're gonna have to wait for someone that knows their way around SMAPI to tell you if you can use that to override the text in the .exe

• rodrigovaz

rodrigovaz Lucky Number 13

This is so weird, I just looked in the game files. There's no exact quote of "I also filled the farms water bowl.", all hardscripted references to "water bowl" use the pet name. What is your spouse?

• Tewth

Tewth Aquatic Astronaut

Haley is my spouse, I have moved on to fall now, when the dialogue comes up again I will get a screen shot haha, I thought it was super odd as well but like I said I have been adding a few mods that might have modified it somewhere along the line.

I will backup my game when it happens again too and load without SMAPI and then again on a clean version of the game if that doesn't fix it so I know if it was something I put in by hand or because of a mod through SMAPI, that should tell me if this dialogue is hardcoded in the .exe