1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue certain npcs despawn when talked to

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lorien, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Lorien

Lorien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

this gif demonstrates how on this particular avali character, pressing E while those npcs are selected kills them instantly. the same happened before with an avali settlement, and some draconis I talked to. merchants and npcs with special dialogue (the greenfinger for example) don't seem to be affected, but otherwise any innocent npc (including user made races) seems to die when talked to.

so far only this character seems to possess this magical killing touch, as I tried some others and they could talk to npcs fine. Will probably make another avali character to see if it's an avali thing. very suspicious this is because of a mod so I'm asking here if anyone else has experienced this

2. Minkigamer

Minkigamer Intergalactic Tourist

I also experience this bug. It's very annoying when trying to do quests to get more crew members. I think it might be the draconis race mod since i get this in the error log:
    [Error] Could not apply patch from file /dialog/guard.config.patch in source: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\868165595\contents.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'dragon' in pathApply("/hail/dragon/default"). The only reason my suspicion falls on that mod is the key word dragon. Hopefully someone can solve this bug soon...