1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial CentOS 32-bit/64-bit complete dedicated server guide, chroot, startup script and newest libstdc++

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by class101, Dec 15, 2013.

1. updated for CentOS 6.7 and CentOS 7.1

By default the rpm link is 6.7 so if you are using 7.1 think to uncomment the 7.1 link and comment the 6.7 one

Compiling GCC should not be required under 7.1, they have more recent libstdc++

2. tweedyjm

tweedyjm Void-Bound Voyager

Hey very nice, I was just looking at this yesterday afternoon and trying to piece together guides for a CentOS 7 install.

I'll try this later along with my debian8 and LAMPturnkey and compare performance against CentOS.

3. No prob, let me know if you get into troubles, the only thing I see to update for CentOS 7 is that I think the GCC compiling and ln -s calls will not be required anymore but I'm not 100% sure for starbound actually I haven't tried a recent build I stopped playing it for a moment, try to skip these steps first in case you try on 7.1

Also the systemctl command has been added in CentOS but this shouldn't be a problem it is backward compatible with the old way of init.d services

4. BadOPCode

BadOPCode Void-Bound Voyager

YOU SIR A GOD! Thank you!
    You solved the problem I was having with my chroot in my Arch Linux server. And being a Arch fan... you know I hand typed it all! No girly cutting and pasting going on here. Arch users get off on sadism. (referring to some of your comments to people earlier in your thread)
    I actually was thinking about mount binding... that's actually how I map the two directories so they are identical in both host and chroot file systems. With that it's a simple illusion of using schroot to run stuff. :)
    But anyways... THANKS Class101![DOUBLEPOST=1442467425][/DOUBLEPOST]oh BTW... my issue was that I didn't have a /proc directory. Well and another issue was not having a /dev directory which was making wget with SSL not work. No random generator in my chroot's /dev. Wasn't sure and didn't have the confidence to bind them. So your tutorial answered that question.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015