1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Capes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Prumple, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Prumple

Prumple Intergalactic Tourist

Hey i was just wondering if any of the more experienced Starbound players might have the answer to this question?
    I am trying to make a pirate captain character and have managed to get every single item except one, and that item is the black cape that the avian captain is wearing (image below)
    2013-12-21_00001.jpg
    I was just wondering if this cape exists in the game for players and if so what it's called? thanks!

2. DoragonKeiyou

DoragonKeiyou Big Damn Hero

As far as I know there are only two capes: The Rainbow Cape and the All-Seeing Cape.
    I've never seen any other capes, whether myself, wiki sites, or other posts showing character equipables.

3. Prumple

Well i know for certain that other than the ones you mentioned there is the Hero cape as i've seen many videos on it, but the ones i think might be the black cape are simple cape, slim cape and short cape as seen on this wiki http://starbound.gamepedia.com/Back_armor

4. Fdfinl

Fdfinl Poptop Tamer

I've found a blue cape before, maybe in a future update you can paint it black or maybe there does exist a black cape.
    [​IMG]

5. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

There's also the regular red capes but as far as I know there isn't any black capes

6. Prumple

what are the red ones called? i could probably use them as they match my belt colour?

7. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

There's two red capes, one is simple cape and the other is short cape.

8. Prumple

I've been looking around on the internet for where to find the simple cape but there's absolutely nothing that i can find, got anything you can tell me to help in my new quest to find it?

9. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

There are two forms of the rainbow cape. One emits rainbow particles, one makes a trail of grass behind you.

10. Prumple

cool but i don't need a rainbow cape i'm trying to get a black/red cape model

11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

If you look in the game files, under Items>armor>back you will be able to see every cape in game.

12. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

The black cape is most likely just a regular red cape, with a black colour code attached.
    Players can't currently dye their clothing/accessories, so a black cape is currently not attainable I'm afraid.

13. Prumple

Thanks that clears up quite a few of my queries the only one left is where do i find the simple/short capes? i've heard some people say they're recipes and some people say you find them in chests?

14. I think it might be both but I'm not sure, all I got is the all-seing cape and I believe my friend got it from a chest.
    Just explore and hunt for chests, that's my advice.