1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't use tools/items after cutscene

Discussion in 'Support' started by Quart de Carton, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Quart de Carton

Quart de Carton Master Chief

It only happened once, but I'm reporting it just in case.

I think around the 10th day, I accidentally collapsed at night, and ended up waking up at home. Outside I was greeted with a cutscene (the one where the blacksmith gives you the furnace blueprints). Right after that, I could not use any tool or item for a few minutes. Walking in and out of the house and farm while trying to use tools eventually fixed it and I have not encountered that bug since then, but I figured I should mention it.

• Nusselita

Nusselita Space Hobo

I've had the exact same thing happends a few time at the same place. Waking up in the morning. Clint greets me on the stairs and blah blah a bit. Gives me the blueprint for the furnance, cutscene ends and I can't use any tools or read the mail in the mailbox. I've logged out of the game and started a new char and played a bit on that one. Logged in again on my old and same thing happend. After running in and out of the farm it fixed it for me.

• whateverg

whateverg Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here, except I am unable to fix it. This needs to be patched ASAP because I cannot progress pass this point, I am using the GOG version and I tried switching to another character but I run into the same problem. Game is amazing and I would really like to go further but I can't :(

• pinksyllibus

pinksyllibus Space Hobo

This is happening to me too. I really hope it's fixed soon :/

• mathpizza

mathpizza Space Hobo

My lord, I have the same bug. I cant seem to shake it though. It occurred exactly on day 10 after the blacksmith gives me the blueprint. can't use any tools! sooo annoying, cant play the game anymore until this is fixed. it's a shame because I loved it up to now. waiting for a patch or workaround ...

• mathpizza

mathpizza Space Hobo

problem solved. just disabled all mods for an in game day. then reapplied the mods and all was well. i suspect it was the "time stops in buildings" mod.

• the-wishmaker

the-wishmaker Intergalactic Tourist

Having this problem too. Right after the cutscene where you get the furnace. :( Don't have any mods or anything. Playing the GOG version. Walking in and out of farm trying to use tools doesn't help. Can still plant things and the sword sometimes works only when I use it while walking but that's it. Can't play at all until it's fixed. :(

• PeanutButterCupquake

PeanutButterCupquake Void-Bound Voyager

My sister is having this problem, she resets the day and it continues to not work. She is playing the Steam version and has tried with and without mods.

• Vakoru

Vakoru Space Hobo

I had this same exact problem and was very angry about it. But, i found a way to fix it, you just have to close the game and plug in a controller. Use your tools with the controller, then you can unplug it and play with your mouse and keyboard. If you dont know how to use a controller, this link may help , but you might get more information if you just google it.

• mell42

mell42 Space Hobo

Hello! Just wanted to chime in that I had the exact same issue: Spring Day 10, after talking with Clint I couldn't use any tools. Playing from GOG, without any mods. I reloaded three times and updated the game, but neither helped.

I did what Quart de Carton suggested and it fixed it: I kept left-clicking over and over, while running immediately back-and-forth from my farm to the bus path. I didn't run far into the next screen, just barely. It was like 'flipping' back and forth between the two areas. After a little bit my hoe started working!

This is a weird bug, but at least I haven't hit anything like it again (now in Summer Day 13).

• Robobot399

Robobot399 Intergalactic Tourist

I had this bug as well, tried to do the back-and-forth screen from my farm to up the pathway. It didn't work so instead i went into the spa and i got my tools fixed going to the spa

• FIGGYSQUAG

FIGGYSQUAG Space Hobo

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME BUT INSTEAD ON THE 1ST OF SPRING ON THE 2ND YEAR. I GOT IT FIXED BY GOING TO THE SPA WHICH YOU CAN UNLOCK LATER IN THE GAME.

• ThatMemeGuy

ThatMemeGuy Space Hobo

Well, I got the same problem but I got it fixed! Since it's almost time for the Egg Hunt Festival, just participate in it and when you come back home, your tools will be working again!