1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't select dialogue options for cutscenes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Salamander Sundaes, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Salamander Sundaes

Salamander Sundaes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's this cutscene I'm having trouble finding information about online. It seems to be triggered around 3pm at the blacksmith (not sure what the other prerequisites are), and involves both Clint and Emily.

I've had a similar issue for a while, when it comes to selecting options in the menu, but this one is different. In the bug I'm familiar with, the top option is highlighted and I can't select any other dialogue line. In this bug, I can select any dialogue line, but then the dialogue chain loops indefinitely as though I hadn't selected anything at all.

I'm running an install with a few visual xnb changes enabled, and I have a couple of SMAPI mods.

• Entoarox Framework
    • AdvancedLocation Loader (this one is set up to load a bus interior!)
    • CJB Cheats Menu
    • Cold Weather Haley (gives her a scarf and a hat in winter)
    • Custom Element Handler
    • Custom Farming (for making new items)
    • Level Up Notifications (speaks for itself)
    • Look up Anything (a small menu with information about selected NPC/object)
    • Seasonal Immersion (seasons affect houses)
    • Part of The Community (talking with NPCs makes their friends like you more)
    • Three Heart Dance Partner

I've had issues with mods not uninstalling with the game in the past, but I've looked over my game files and repeatedly installed the game. None of the mods I have seem to effect the part of the game this is referencing, though.

Emily visits Clint with a geode. Clint cracks it open, and wouldn't you know, it's an aquamarine. Emily celebrates how great a friend he is, Clint struggles with his feelings, and the player is given an option to tell him that they came to see him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: If I exit to menu and try to reload the game, it will crash to desktop. Whenever I try to load the game file in question, it also loads into a pause screen, which is something that's never happened before.

I've also tried this with and without my controller plugged in, restarting the program, and also disabled the controller menu option from the options menu (try saying that three times fast). It's weird, I don't get it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Sal

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I did some digging, and that's an event from Siv's Marriage Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/sivs-marriage-mod-update-coming-soon.109678/

First try, redownloading, and installing the mod to make sure you didn't accidentally overwrite the data needed with another mod.
      Download for Siv's Marriage Mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/ajax/downloadfile?id=2949

Then retry the event. If it's still broken, then I'd recommend posting over there; so they can check out their event data, and update the mod as necessary.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
        Salamander Sundaes likes this.