1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Cant Scan Items Into the 3D Printer

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CiberX15, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Pretty much what the title says. My only thoughts are perhaps I am doing it wrong? or its not unlocked until later? Is it not working yet?

I place an item in the scan slot, click scan, and nothing happens. My time is not lost as the massive warning labels say it should be, and I get no recipe in the menu saying I can now print them. Nothing. I have tried several different items, weapons, tools, blocks.

Can I assume this is a bug?

2. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think the items you can scan have to have a pixel value attached, so you can't scan things like basic tools, but anything of value should be scannable.

3. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Hum well beds have pixel values and I tried one of those. Same results : P

4. pentha

pentha Space Hobo

Try seeds, they should be scannable

5. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

do you have enough pixels to do it? i did it with a tent and it cost 350 pixels i think.

6. iznas

iznas Void-Bound Voyager

Cant scan my mushroom schematics... and they have a pixel value of 252 or so. go go mushroom chairs.

7. Malkyn

Malkyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I did this with a stone pickaxe, yet to have done it, or try with anything else. But once I put it in the scanning slot, and hit scan and close the window, I have another stone pickaxe. Fo' free.

8. iznas

iznas Void-Bound Voyager

So it 3d prints items you already have? interesting.But isnt the scanned item destroyed? so you should be able to scan a near dead pickaxe and get a brand new one free...

9. Malkyn

Malkyn Pangalactic Porcupine

You can do exactly that. Which I don't think is how it's supposed to function, lol.

10. thegoa420

thegoa420 Starship Captain

i scanned two things alrdy, a chest i got from some apes and a tesla rod both costed about 250 to scan

11. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

I just had to restart steam and now its downloading a new client, maybe they patched it already, seeing as the last several posts it seems to be working.

12. Titanium Dragon

Titanium Dragon Space Spelunker

I remain unable to do this as of version perturbed koala.

13. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Yeah after update still nothing with almost all the tools and equipment I have. However I can confirm that seeds do work.

14. HiFiCrisp

HiFiCrisp Space Hobo

I tried to scan some seeds but it did'nt work

15. jimizac

jimizac Space Hobo

I am also unable to scan objects into the 3D printer, which is quite annoying as I would very much like to replicate a 1-hander I got earlier without scouring the universe for another.

16. NeoDeltaI

NeoDeltaI Tentacle Wrangler

When playing on the 5th I was able to scan seeds and have them show in the list, but now I scan them and I lose them; nothing gets added to the list.

17. Titanium Dragon

Titanium Dragon Space Spelunker

I can scan seeds but, as with neo, I don't get anything for it, no inclusion in the 3D printer or anything.

18. johnee

johnee Aquatic Astronaut

I'm actually having the same issue. I'm on a Mac, can't scan anything with or without pixel value

19. Adallamus

Adallamus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can scan all furniture and seeds. They should self-include.

20. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Yeah I am noticing it is kind of random as to what you can scan. Perhaps they have yet to add everything to some list somewhere? Most decorations can be scaned, as can most seeds, however a few don't scan for completely unknown reasons. Same with weapons, most I come across can't be scanned but sometimes I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.