1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't paint background blocks - unless...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by King Ganondorf, Jul 31, 2016.

1. King Ganondorf

King Ganondorf Void-Bound Voyager

I'm building a base and attempting to paint background blocks I've placed. Smooth wall panels like those that come with the human ship in particular. For some reason a few I placed were paint-able and some weren't.

After some thorough testing I determined that I'm unable to paint a background block that hasn't had a foreground block ontop of it before. I can get by via placing a block on top, painting the stack, and removing the foreground block... but it's unnecessarily tedious.

2. NecroNeko

NecroNeko Void-Bound Voyager

I've had this same problem, your 'fix'/workaround works for me too, but I agree it is REALLY tedious, and makes building/decorating far harder than it should be.

3. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Encountered the same problem when I tried to give my concrete structure some color. And I encountered this tile that wouldn't get yellow. So to check how widespread this bug is I colored the entire wall underneath red. This is the result.
    20160805172005_1.jpg

This is not a random encourance as no matter how many times you try to repaint, it is exact same tiles that refuses color.

And thanks for the tip Ganon, placing a foreground block and then paint worked. :)

Roselle likes this.
  4. Djinnetic

Djinnetic Void-Bound Voyager

Just noticed this when attempting to paint my base on a planet, but couldn't reproduce it on the ship. It's like it tries to paint over and over super fast, but doesn't stick. Can confirm placing a foreground block fixes it tho thnx :D

5. FloransAreCool69

FloransAreCool69 Intergalactic Tourist

Ugh, sssomeone should fix thiss sssoon. Pleassse!

6. Tonko

Tonko Subatomic Cosmonaut

Having the same problem here