1. Hey Guest! Stardew Valley is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/help/

Notice CAN'T LAUNCH STARBOUND? Read this!

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. koolkid293

koolkid293 Space Hobo

I have the file with a 64 at the end: steam_api64.dll

2. koolkid293

koolkid293 Space Hobo

Fixed the opengl error just take out the SW after opengl32 to get opengl32.dll

3. kingheri1

kingheri1 Space Hobo

I can't play since official launching (in alpha, it was smooth), now everytime i launch starbound, it open but only crash back to windows after Chucklefish logo. Until now i can't play it. Even after i upgrade my PC.

My spec:
    - Win 10 Pro 64 bit
    - i3 6100
    - RAM 8 GB
    - Nvidia GTX 1050

I attach my starbound.log, can someone help me? I want to play it again.

Attached Files:

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The End of Time

Json error. You have a mod with a bad config. Specifically /human/bunkerrobotfactory/bunkerrobotfactory.object

5. Faiz500

Faiz500 Space Spelunker

If You Have Steam_Api64.dll And Steam_Api64.dll1 (Just Like Me LOL) Just Do Like My Instruction
    Move The Steam_Api64.dll To Safe Place
    Rename the Steam_Api64.dll1 To Steam_Api64.dll (It Should Worked Correctly Cuz I Have Tested It )
    PEACE :)

6. kingheri1

kingheri1 Space Hobo

thanks for the answer, but nope, i never use mod since the first early access, so what i have to do?

7. lazarus78

Well you have something with a bad config, and it isn't the vanilla game, so if you say it isn't a mod, then you are SOL on this.

According to your log, you have assets being loaded:
    Code:
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\biomes'
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\interface'
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\leveling'
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\monsters'
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\objects'
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\projectiles'
    [00:59:16.967] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\user'

$20 the bad config is in one of those folders. AKA, a mod. You shouldnt have folders like that there anyway, so delete them all.

kingheri1 likes this.
  8. Shinysnake

Shinysnake Space Hobo

my error isn't on here, its an acess violation

9. kingheri1

kingheri1 Space Hobo

Wow, you're a lifesaver, it's strange, i never use a mod in this game ever, i do remember use a mod on Stardew Valley. And also i already verified game cache and re-installing, looks like it didn't clear all the folder in the game. Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

lazarus78 likes this.
  10. Gon009

Gon009 Master Chief

Can someone upload that Steam_Api.dll1 file here? I don't have it in folder so I can't swap it, game crashes on logo screen with MAV error and the only way to run it is to close steam and open the .exe

11. baionikku

baionikku Orbital Explorer

Yeah... In Mac, i have that same problem...
    Im going to upgrade it! (Want some upgrades...)

12. Tekla

Tekla Space Hobo

I really need some help, whenever I try and load up my launcher, it says that "starbound has stopped working" and say windows will tell me if there is a solution to the problem. I tried reinstalling it.

13. Tekla

Tekla Space Hobo

When I launch starbound through steam it tells me "starbound has stopped working" and that windows will tell you if it finds any solutions?

14. Lonefish

Lonefish Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem aswell I launch it it works well for litterally 15 secconds but then it crashes. tried using both 64 and 32 version. launched it from inside its folder. and reinstalled it.

15. lazarus78

Log file. It explains all.

Lonefish likes this.
  16. Lonefish

Lonefish Void-Bound Voyager

How do I go about fixing this?

17. lazarus78

Can't tell without your log file. We know nothing about your issue otherwise.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  18. Birdyx

Birdyx Space Hobo

for me it goes through step 1 of the first time install, then that window closes and nothing happens

deleting the game folder and reinstalling doesn't fix it

19. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Top Nep Forum Moderator

Please attach a copy of your starbound.log

~ Iris ~

20. Birdyx

Birdyx Space Hobo

where is the log file? It won't show up on a file search

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017