Modding Help Can't get recipies to show in new crafting station

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nightchade, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Nightchade

Nightchade Big Damn Hero

Title says it all: Made a crafting station (turns pixels into ores, at the same rate as the refinery turns ores into pixels), but cant get the recipes to show in the new station (which I can craft just fine). Can someone take a look? I've uploaded all the files relating to the station. It's a Tier 2 item, must use the starmap mk.2 (the one you craft after the ufo boss).

Attached Files:

2. Shamyi

Shamyi Big Damn Hero

from a quick glance at the .recipe files it seems that they are all
    under a "oresynth1" group where as the crafting station's object
    name is "oresynth". I will do some in game testing and edit with
    my finds but for now I'm guessing removing that 1 from the group
    in the recipes will fix it

edit: nvm, just noticed the oresynth filter is set to oresynth1 as well
    so that shouldn't be an issue.. still testing other things

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. t.o.morrow

t.o.morrow Space Spelunker

You have to use the smelting interface for items like that. But because you can't put pixels in a furnace, you need to create a custom item to put in a furnace for this.

I had a similar problem trying to craft unrefined wood from pixels. Here's my post with the problem and a workaround.

4. Nightchade

Nightchade Big Damn Hero

The problem with that is that I didn't base it off of the furnace, I used the metalwork station, and I'm not trying to smelt the pixels into ore, but rather craft the ore using pixels as the only ingredient in the recipe. I know this should work, I'm just not sure where I botched it. For all i know, I'm missing a comma somewhere.

5. t.o.morrow

Change the output from copperore to some item that is normally craftable (like stonepickaxe in my post I linked). Don't change anything else. If that does work, then the problem isn't your recipe file.

6. Nightchade

Nightchade Big Damn Hero

I feel so stupid... copper ore isn't craftable... gonna have to double the cost and make bars instead, i think... I'm going to be laughing for hours if this is the problem... I'll post my results after I test this.

7. t.o.morrow

Sorry, but bars don't work either. Trust me, I tried. You'll have to make do with a furnace. Can be a custom one. But that seems to be the only way to "craft" these uncraftable items. And because bars are crafted via the furnace, they don't count as craftable either.

8. Shamyi

Shamyi Big Damn Hero

close, you forgot a brace and a comma xD

got my crafting station templet mod to craft copperore adding only
    this recipe and a "copperore" line to player.config list

copperore.recipe

{
    "input" : [
    { "item" : "money", "count" : 1 }
    ],
    "output" : {
    "item" : "copperore",
    "count" : 500
    },
    "groups" : [ "skip", "all" ]
    }

Edit:

totally works with that recipe, first time I test I forgot I was on a tier 1 character.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  9. Nightchade

Nightchade Big Damn Hero

I got it :) Download from here for now, I'll make a thread tomorrow.

Attached Files:

10. Shamyi

Shamyi Big Damn Hero

alright, glad you were able to find a fix :D

11. Nightchade

Nightchade Big Damn Hero

Oh, there is more to come... This is just the base foundation for a whole bunch of stuff i'm working on.