Cant decide between Sebastian and Elliot, HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaniCrypt, Jan 31, 2017.

1. DaniCrypt

DaniCrypt Void-Bound Voyager

I've watched videos on their 10 hearts events and read their dialog's on the Wiki. I just cant seem to decide on one or the other. I like them both for different reasons. I really hate how it seems Elliot is the only guy with the balls to kiss you on the date! I seem to have a lot more in common with Sebastian but... worried he'll be boring? And If I pick Elliot I'm worried his poetic verses will get annoying... Does anyone have any idea what either is like to live with? I want to make a decision on this so I can move on in the game!

Much appreciated!! <3

Im new here by the way, HELLO EVERYONE!!

RAINBIRD55 likes this.
    • Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

If you're asking my personal choice I picked Sebastian. But each person has different views so I can't tell you who you should choose.

• DaniCrypt

Yeah I know, I just wanted to know what they were like on the farm.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Sebastian kisses you on your date as well, if that helps. There's a thread a few pages back where someone asked this exact question, I'm sure it might be useful to you if you can find it.

• DaniCrypt

It looks like they just hug/embrace? Ill try and find the thread.

• DaniCrypt

Cant seem to find it but doesn't look like a kiss to me lol. Ugh should have asked what its like to live with the both of them!

• LuthienNightwolf

Fairly similar as far as what they actually do on the farm - feed the animals, water crops, fix fences, sometimes give you food or other items. These things are fairly universal to all spouses.
                As far as personality - Sebastian likes his time to himself, though he will mention often that he enjoys your company. He won't spout poetry (as Elliot often will) but he can be surprisingly sweet when you least expect it.
                Elliot is more the poetic type - his words are flowery and if you like that sort of thing he's right up your alley.
                In all other aspects, they're pretty similar. Dialogue is about the only thing that'll set one spouse apart from another since CA took great care to make sure they were all equal so no one would marry for advantage.

I'll see if I can find the thread for you, there was a pretty good discussion there.

firefighterzz likes this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

• Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

The vast majority of heart events that I've seen have you kissing them. I can see how it looks like an embrace but that's what it really is :p

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

One point that really turns me off Sebastian: The "vase" (aka Bong) is still there and he "stares" (smokes) at it quite a bit (in my file at least he does this half of the week) and is out of order. Like he just wants pizza and does noething but standing the whole day in front of the "vase".
                    I don`t want to start a discussion about smoking, drugs and all these, but I kinda dislike it if a father spends half of the week with his "vase" and the children take care of themselves while the mother has to work.

Milkheart likes this.
                    • Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

I have literally never seen that. In fact I've had him saying he's trying to quit because he doesn't want to die on me.

• Rauchschwalbe

I don`t mean the regular smoking (cigarettes), but the usage of the bong,ahhh sorry, "vase".
                        Here is a link to a discussion about it.

• Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

I was aware of what you meant. But again I've never even seen a bong. So unless I'm really blind Sebastian just seems to smoke cigarettes.

Edit: I see it now but to be completely honest he's never even in his room on my game. Much less staring at it

• LuthienNightwolf

Yeah, pretty sure where the spouse stands throughout the day is just random and not meant to imply anything. As I recall the bong got turned into a vase a while back after people complained.

He does quit smoking cigarettes after you marry him, as has been mentioned. If you want to narrow it down to "who has a job and who doesn't", Elliot is a writer and Sebastian is a programmer. They both work at home.

• Rauchschwalbe

Yes, it was turned into a vase. He was standing in front of it and talked about how badly he wanted to have a frozen pizza...it is quite typical for smoking weed.
                              He does this half of the week in my file. Guess he has to take Sindrawolfs Sebastians portion too,lol.

I really liked Sebastian at the beginning but especially during the dating and marriage phase he got on my nerves. He often complains about Demetrius and Maru and the world in general. I mean, I am not a happy-happy person at all, but he is a bit too negative.

Elliott on the other hand is a bit too poetic.

• LuthienNightwolf

His griping does get tiresome when you're dating, I can see that. If I was able I'd try to help him with his family issues, imparting whatever advice fit the situation. But the farmer is rarely invited to actually respond. The rest is simply the limitation of how many lines each character is given; I think they need more and especially after you start dating them. (Some acknowledgement that we're a couple would be lovely.)

He does lose quite a bit of that brooding after marriage though, there's maybe one or two lines where he mentions family in a negative light. The rest is all positive, provided you keep him at 13 hearts.

springacres likes this.
                                • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

I agree, for all romances.

Personally, between Sebastian and Elliott, I prefer Sebastian. I like poetry, but Elliott is a bit too flowery and over the top for my tastes. Plus, I'm an introverted nerd who used to want to be a computer programmer, so I identify a lot more with Sebastian's character than I do with Elliott's. I don't like Seb's smoking (weed OR tobacco), so there's that, but no one's perfect.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

From what I've read, Sebastian occasionally provides presents after marriage. I haven't seen this about Elliot. So, from a strictly "surprise me, the way I surprise you with what you like, damn it" perspective, Sebastian appears better.

• Autumntales

Autumntales Void-Bound Voyager

I'm hesitating between those two as well, but am probably leaning more towards Elliott.
                                      As someone previously said, there's something about Sebastian that sometimes makes him appear as careless and completely drown in his own world.
                                      I haven't spoiled myself with all of the heart events yet, so that might eventually change :p

• RAINBIRD55

RAINBIRD55 Starship Captain

HEllO back! . I'm in year 2, and married Sebby on Spring 2 after mulling it over all winter. Boy was I surprised at Seb's seeming aloofness toward me after the wedding. He did make me coffee once, however conversation was like "I'm glad we have money so I don't have to work". To me he seemed lazy and unreachable even tho we were at 12 hearts. He didn't help out on the farm either. I gave him a week to get it together, then I divorced him :''o
                                        I was so sorry afterward, because he hated me and said "Why do you keep bothering me? I'm trying to forget you". He wouldn't accept my gifts... It was heartbreaking. Just like a RL divorce.
                                        Sure, you can make an offering to the Shrine of Memory (or some name like that) but it's not the same. I'll have to get to know him all over again :nurusad:. I wish I had more patience with him. Who knows, it might have turned out great.