1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't connect

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by xVegas, Jan 28, 2017.

1. xVegas

xVegas Space Hobo

Hello. I'm trying to play Starbound with my friend, but i can't connect. I get "join failed no server response received" error.
    I can connect if i create new character, but after some time game crashes and i must create new character again to connect. We are using Tunngle to play. I'm not using any mods. I searched for solution but i couldn't find it.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. xVegas

xVegas Space Hobo

That's my log. I tried to connect, then I created a new character and everything was fine.

Attached Files:

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Im fairly sure it is related to Tunngle. You might try Evolve, or actually port forwarding. The latter being the best option.

5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

@xVegas how are you trying to connect to him?

Steam? No? Evolve? Hamachi?

6. lazarus78

"Tunngle"

7. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

:facepalm: To think I missed that part out.

Try connecting through Steam and see if the issue works itself out (assuming you both have bought the Steam Version). If not, try a different application.

8. lazarus78

It happens to the best of us.