1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't access the nightly version...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Neeooo, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Neeooo

Neeooo Void-Bound Voyager

I saw that an exciting update that includes mech suits was being developed.
    I really wanted to try them for myself on the nightly beta.

However, I can't seem to find the option for it in the "Starbound - Unstable" beta tab.
    Here's what the tab looks like for me:
    [​IMG]

There used to be an option to switch to the nightly branch from here.
    Was it removed?

(Also, I'm not sure if this should go in the nightly support section or not. It doesn't have anything to do with actually playing the nightly so I'm just assuming that it shouldn't be there.)

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

They aren't in nightly yet, so there isn't much reason to install it yet.

But yes, it does seem nightly was removed, probably to prevent needless updates of nothing since nightly would basically redownload every day. Nightly differs from their internal build.

3. Neeooo

Neeooo Void-Bound Voyager

I just assumed that the internal build and the nightly build were the same thing, my mistake.
    It does make sense that a now useless update system would be removed though.

Thanks for the answer!

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

They are very similar. Typically what they work on during the day then gets pushed to nightly and uploaded from their office, so more or less they are the same. But we know they are not exactly the same because they used this divide to keep story elements hidden till the official 1.0 release.

I would think nightly will return once they are producing content more consistently again, but maybe not, the game is "feature complete" so to speak so they don't really need constant testing like before.