1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Cannot 'relocate' black cats...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by kittentamer, Jun 9, 2017.

1. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

So, my husband found one of those planets that has a black cat on top of a Hylotl building in the desert. I got the coordinates from him and went to go get my cat back. (I play avians. I was devastated when the first mission lost the black cat bonus.) I tried using the relocator gun, since it should be a critter, right? It didn't work. I had to track down as weak of a weapon as I could find to poke at it with and use a capture pod. I'm sad. Why doesn't the relocator gun work on the black cats?

2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Because it's not a critter. It's an actual pet that you can bring along with you without it dying when as much as a single hit faces it. And those two categories are not compatible with each other, which is why it's not something that can be put in the relocator.

3. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I guess I'm just surprised at it being classified that way. I assumed anything without combat abilities was on the 'critter' end.
    I also had issues in past releases of having pets on tethers causing game lag, so I didn't want to do that but it seems to not be an issue anymore. Unlimited black cats to make my ship extremely lucky!