1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Cannot access launcher to change 32/64 bit and openGL V 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Insert Name Here, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Insert Name Here

Insert Name Here Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow I screwed up the OP.

I was wondering if there is any way to open up the launcher or something to change the game's bit version from 32bit to 64bit, and change the OpenGL to enable or disable it as well. With me the game is running very slowly like openGL isn't on at all and my friends are having trouble with this too

Please help if you know anything
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't know if bumping a thread is against the rules or not but I seriously would like to know this.

2. Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

There is no launcher anymore. You can find some settings in \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound.config file. Open with any text editor. I don't know about OpenGL thing though, i don't see that in config. OpenGL might be some launch parameter for starbound.exe.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  3. Insert Name Here

Insert Name Here Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gee that sure does complicate it a lot, thanks though

How would I set the launch parameter to use OpenGL?

4. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

i actually really miss the launcher. i liked having the option to use 32 bit or 64 bit. or opengl or directx. also, it's neat to see blog posts and such. imo bring back the launcher, cfg :)

5. Matakor

Matakor Void-Bound Voyager

6. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

I don't have directx 9 and can't install it (privacy issues), so it would be great if someone could enable openGL
    edit i also can't get steam

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  7. Danthehedgefox

Danthehedgefox Big Damn Hero

I'm having a similar problem, can't launch it in directx mode.

8. LOLzor404

LOLzor404 Space Hobo

These guys removed DirectX support, I'm mad now.