1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

can we have a dlc for starbound????

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by kwe, Dec 17, 2016.

1. kwe

kwe Void-Bound Voyager

i think we need a dlc for starbound and a idea is dlc find arsa nox and bring her back to esther

2. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

There's plenty of DLCs for Starbound.

{I'm talking about mods, of course}

As for that specific one.... eh, maybe someone can make one?

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Frackin Universe is pretty much a dlc

4. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Not worth it. I don't want to sound harsh, but the game, even as it is now, is lacking. It's grindy because it tries to hide the fact that it lacks content and uniqueness, everything feels half-assed and it's a shame because it has a GREAT potential and the idea of it is amazing. The major interesting features that were half-working have either been removed or made worse. Remember when each race had their own unique beginning? It was simple, short and effective. Same for when we landed on a different planet each new game.
    Frackin Universe proves that Starbound could be amazing on so many levels.

My greatest problem with Starbound is that we already had a great game in sight years ago. Check out the outdated mods. There's so much amazing content that got destroyed from one update to the other that it's just sad they were left to rot by their respective authors. They got either bored or just quit. Chucklefish wasted years trying to perfect what modders had been doing since day 1 (tiered ships, directional attack) and they didn't do it as well as modders did. They should have embraced the good ideas and implementation of modding and work on other things.

Maybe Starbound should have waited until 1.1. to open itself to the players. Modders would be far more active now and we'd have many of those lost wonders.

That said... there IS a way to make the game much better: DEVTOOLS. Better than any DLC would be to give those modders proper means to craft their magic, because modders are still a bigger team than Chucklefish.

Make it so even a kid can add plenty of content with no effort.
    1- I'd add devtools to make tiles, liquids, npcs, items and monsters fast.
    2-For coding things like animations or new actions for players. (I/E: Climbing)
    3-For editing or creating dungeons, planets and quests, and I mean an RPG maker-style tool. Absolutely simple and fast. This by itself would be really entertaining.

x-This one is kind of personal: character portrait next to lifebar, making faces and expressions and becoming more alive.

Maybe Tiy's last step will achieve the kind of fun we're all waiting for. DnD mode is a very fun idea.

Axl4325 likes this.