REQUEST Can someone mod the children into two cute dogs?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Mar 12, 2016.

?

Do you like kids?

1. No`

13.3%
  2. Ugh No

86.7%
  1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I hate kids, but I'm having a family on my game run through w/ Harvey and I already have one baby girl I named after a RL bulldog name Peaches. Not sure if each family is one boy and one girl, but I would like to see another doggie too.

Since you know, children are awful.

lols, I want to eventually divorce Harvey and marry my actual husband when the multiplayer comes out [[Harvey plus beard looks like my actual guy xD]]

Or actually mod our two furry children -a boy and girl - Chompsky the (classic, fawn) slim pug and Mango the Magnificent mutt with white and super light blonde hair (not fur, she's part Chinese Crested) :3

Attached Files:

farmvillesux likes this.
    • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hope someone gets to do this! :)

farmvillesux and taintedwheat like this.
      • taintedwheat

bump plz o.o

farmvillesux likes this.
        • Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

If you don't upgrade to the third house, I don't think you can have kids. Food for thought; maybe restart your file and only upgrade your house once?

• taintedwheat

Nah way,man. You don't get the extra room if you don't. Plus someone's modded dwarf babies. Dogs are just cool.

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

You know you can have a dog as a pet right? And having children is an option right? Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today but this topic kinda rubs me up the wrong way.

tamlen and Avarwen like this.
              • taintedwheat

Uhgh. Maybe you are in a bad mood because I/those who play the game do know that. Like, patronizing can be dialed back.

I just would like to know if it's an option to have more dogs and not just one.

Just any dog, or whatever, I don't know.

Cemo likes this.
                • Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Unfortunately not. All the pet mods at the moment appear to be edits rather than mods that allow more than one.

• taintedwheat

I realize it wouldn't be a full-on pet mod, I was just hoping for a simple re-skin of the babies into dogs.

• Jokerine

Maybe I could give this a try. I'll see what I can do :)

Cemo and taintedwheat like this.
                      • taintedwheat

omg you'd be amazing <3 <3 <3

farmvillesux likes this.
                        • TheFool

TheFool Astral Cartographer

this is arguably better anyway.
                          it'll give you more interaction with your baby-dogs than the normal game gives you with your actual-dog funnily enough.

if i can happily throw a puppy into the air and catch them this will be the best sprite edit ever.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
                          • taintedwheat

^this this this.

Thank you for understanding where a dog lover is coming from! omg, seriously puppies love being held.

• Jokerine

Bah, no luck, sorry. The sprites are hard to make... I really hope someone more skilled can get to do this!

taintedwheat likes this.
                              • BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll give it a try in the morning I personally prefer the kid option because of the story line and junk but I can see where you are coming from with this IRL defiantly prefer dogs over children they are the spawn of satan haha [​IMG]

EDIT: I would most defiantly enjoy screen shots from people about giving birth to a puppy huehue

farmvillesux and taintedwheat like this.
                                • taintedwheat

I really appreciate you trying though, its quite admirable. Totes cyber high fives from me, man!

@BunnyBuns, cool and yeah I know I originally wanted kids to get more out of the story, but I also really don't actually like them especially when pups exist <3

farmvillesux likes this.
                                  • Jokerine

Oh, good luck, BunnyBuns! I really want this in my game, too! :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • Elierra

Elierra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, please! Adding another voice of someone that would love this. I'd love to finish all of the achievements eventually, but have zero interest in having babies. Modding the sprites into puppies or kitties would be amazing.

taintedwheat and Jokerine like this.
                                      • Delsin7

Delsin7 Space Spelunker

I did a quick and dirty copy-edit (as 'quickly' as doing each sprite by hand after not using GIMP in over a year) of the pet dog sheet onto the baby sheet. Unfortunately there is quality loss from compressing the individual sprites since the baby sheet is quite a bit smaller than the dog sheet. Bunnybuns might be able to use it as a reference for size.

I tested it as much as I could, my baby is still in crib, and it seems to work fine. If anyone wants to check it out I'm attaching it. (figured it out, didn't like .rar files, only .zip)

Unless you somehow had 1 black and 1 white baby, I don't think you can have 2 different puppies at once. Only 1 sprite sheet per, unless there is another modifier somewhere.

Also made a cat version, much easier to do thanks to cats being much smaller sprites, for us cat enthusiasts.

UPDATE: See http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/cats-instead-of-children.110171/ for updated cats.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
                                        • zomgzomg

zomgzomg Void-Bound Voyager

What about the Toddler sheets?

They have separate girl and boy sheets... the babies share one unfortunately, but we could get 2 different breeds using the toddlers, or boys->puppies & girls->kitties for that matter.

Since the baby sprites are so teensy, giving them stubby ears and tails could make the dog/cat distinction a little less obvious I guess lol

Edit: As it is currently, the puppies/kitties are just going to grow up into kiddies, right?
                                          Unless I'm super blind and missing everyone's toddler files >.<