Modding Help Can dungeons be set up to generate pre-painted blocks?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Your Buddy Bill, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

I'm not just talking hue-shift here (because I know that's most likely possible and because it doesn't do what I need it to do). Is it possible for a dungeon to specify the paint color (as in paint-tool paint color) of blocks that it spawns? I need some red-painted variants of junktech and steel to spawn in my custom dungeon, as well as black-painted apexshipwalls, blue high-tech-blocks, pipes of many sorts, and other crap like that. Is that possible to do with the dungeon brush only? Or will I have to mod in a ton of spare material IDs with recolored primary colors that are set up to drop the block they were based on? (that would be annoying but still possible if all else failed)

2. Velornar

Velornar Pangalactic Porcupine

Bump ^^
    I know this thread is a bit old now, but I would love to know if its possible too.
    Never seen any exemple of painted blocks generation in the vanilla assets, but I guess ther is some way I havent found directly from the files without having to create a new modded block type.
    Its mostly because of the nice property of the white rarity matter blocks than can be turned invisible (for background walls) when painted.
    But no worry, its just to not post twice a thread on a question never answered on topics...I'll make another one if its too much necromancy.

3. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

To what I know at the moment, there is no example of generating blocks like this. We can only define basic block states without special rules sadly.

Hopefully we can get an ability to define metadata for blocks in generation rules in the near future. Because I really was looking for this answer a long while ago.

4. Velornar

Velornar Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, thats what I feared, lets wait for the release build and see then...wich should come in a few months.
    I prefer using vanilla stuff rather than creating another new block.