Modding Help Campfire-Like Crafting Scripting?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Omega_Element, May 21, 2015.

1. Omega_Element

Omega_Element Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi,
    I wanted to make an items exchange mod that would let you use items to get pixels back and use the pixels to get another item. To do so, I wanted to use Lua Scripting, in order to be able to cover third party items and with meta-data such as swords.

Is it possible? Does anyone have a tutorial on doing something like this?

Thanks a lot.

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

So, I got something there, just confirming it is what you're looking for.

You want a crafting bench (non-interface, you'd have to write / adjust that yourself) with a processing progress like the campfire.
    And you would like to add different recipes to it basically.
    So if you put px + item (only px would not work, as it wouldn't be able to select a proper recipe) you get another item on the output slot.

Just thought about it a bit more, only px WOULD actually work, but would require a lot of If and elseif work, depending on the number of recipes.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Lua scripting is not exactly "Tutorial" friendly.
    It is a programming language after all - so essentially it is a problem that needs to be solved.

The best you can do is reference similar mods and adapt the code to your own.
    With that said I believe there is an equivelent exchange style mod in the repository.

UnknownX likes this.
  4. Omega_Element

Actually I would make it like, on recreating you put the item you want to copy and if you have pixels it will create s clone. So even if you had done it before without the physical item you couldn't make a clone.

I'll try to find another mod which does that. I wanted to make a simple exchange which uses pixel though so I could also integrate to new Economy when it comes, but not like pixel printer.

Thanks

5. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

So, really, since I'm pretty slow...

1. You want something to "remember" recipes once you crafted them.
    2. You simply want a clone-like object that can clone your items using pixels in your inventory.
    3. You want ... something completely different I just don't get.
    Choose a number.

6. Omega_Element

2. But you have to get access to the physical source.

Also I'll then try to implement the Economy when it hits, so cloning would a lot cost more than buying from a merchant to balance things, to be like a last resort. (Sometimes I get weapons and such that I wanted to have a copy to a friend, there's also the fact also that on multiplayer things can be pretty rare, I had to visit 20+ systems to find just one Book on a Stand, imagine how many would a friend have to travel)