1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Callistan Race Mod DL Fix Attempt - Take two

A tribute to great outdated mods

1. Pensive_WolF

Pensive_WolF Void-Bound Voyager

ahh. . . .ok, thanks

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If you wish to add more content to your post - please use the edit button.
    Please don't triple post.

Roskii Heiral and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  3. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Yes, I'm using the bronze teleporter from the vanilla assets, since the new ship teleporters are too large to fit in the soma.

As of now, I'm working on a steam release this weekend. There are just a few more things I'd like to add first throughout this week. I find the chucklefish forums to be a really good place to learn and practice before releasing to the sharks on steam xD

Not really, I made this mod in part because I'm a big fan of both the soma and olmec mods and didn't want to see them die. I'm not using this mod to "reinvent the wheel" but more to showcase things I do for myself and make them available to the community. I do plan on adding things to the mod, but a new ship or ai would be very low on the list (if on the list at all)

If you're planning on making a ship or ai mod, there are some great ones available to work with. Though it would probably be easiest to just start with the race template mod and see what you can do from there.

I look forward to seeing it =3

I don't really know what Zoids are, but sounds like fun!

That is a current feature of the mod, and will continue to be. I kinda took my favorite things from the vanilla races and enabled them on the Callistans.

I appreciate your enthusiasm! However, I don't see the Callistans obsessing over wolves. Much like humans don't obsess over apes and put them in flags and such. I'd die laughing if I saw an ape-shaped aircraft/spacecraft.

This is why most of the items I'm creating personally have other traits of the species in mind.

I don't want to give too much of my lore away before I release the Codexes. But the Callistans were essentially an atomic-age race that "accidently" (for lack of a better term) have become able to achieve FTL travel. Their culture is very similar to 80s/90s USA. And their chief method of recording data is through enhanced cassette technology (partially influenced by holotapes in the fallout series).

I hope this answers your questions and I look forward to seeing what you decide to make!

4. Pensive_WolF

Pensive_WolF Void-Bound Voyager

sorry about bombarding you with all my thoughts there, guess when I see wolves I kinda get a lil to into it. but, after seeing the full ship on it's original mod page and playing a little I've come to like it a lot. and I've gotten use to the teleporter, was just confused for a bit there. I did think that this ship would go nice with wolves also, but the Soma is pretty cool (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766697098)

Zoids are robot aminals from an anime series that also has a few video games and a lot of action figures. I kinda think they'd fit quite well in starbound - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoids
    I highly recommend watching the anime, games to if you like.
    I'd like to use the pixel art for the old Gameboy Advance game for a mod - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/126241595780393307/
    there was a cool mount mod a while back that I'd have loved add them into some how.

I asked the creators of this mod to make it compatible with yours, hope you don't mind - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753790671
    as well as this mod - http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/orpheus-colony-rams-edits.1663/

anyways, great work so far, can't wait to see what you make of it in the future and I'm really liking the direction of the codex, sounds great :)

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  5. Swiftpaw

Swiftpaw Phantasmal Quasar

When I started a character with this mod, instead of beaming down to the starting planet the teleporter asked me to set a bookmark like it was on a planet and wouldn't allow me to beam off the ship.

6. Roskii Heiral

Try the beam down button on the far right of your hud =3

7. Swiftpaw

Swiftpaw Phantasmal Quasar

... Like an idiot I forgot that was there. I see what you did now to put a teleporter on that ship, silly me.

8. Roskii Heiral

I'm gonna put out a patch for this real quick. Turns out i just need to change the interface from "remoteteleporter" to "shipteleporter

9. Roskii Heiral

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  10. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Falfeather updated Callistan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Getting Steamy~

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. perfektmind

perfektmind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

12. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Falfeather updated Callistan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Callistan Invasion

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Roskii Heiral

14. perfektmind

perfektmind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just got the tier 8 ship upgrade, but now I'm stuck perpetually loading. The following error is looping in the log.

[16:23:30.324] [Error] UniverseServer: exception caught: (EntityMapException) Duplicate entity unique id (techstation) on entity id (122) in EntityMap::addEntity

entity id is incrementing with each loop. I haven't done much troubleshooting. I was playing on update #9. Let me know if you need more. I run with a lot of mods so there may be a conflict. I ran into the dungeon btw, cool seeing more of my race. I had 2 of them as crewmembers prior to the ship upgrade.

15. Roskii Heiral

perfektmind likes this.
  16. Guilmonex

Guilmonex Phantasmal Quasar

Hi Roskii
    I saw you tag the race as kitsune, can you make a muti-tails back item/template? I am a fan of nine-tails kitsune.

17. Roskii Heiral

I would say its not in the immediate future, but it could happen eventually. If you wanted to make it for the mod, I could add it and credit you.

I just have alot of other things I'd like to add first =3

18. saodsaod

saodsaod Aquatic Astronaut

Here Roskii I Am Bloody

Attached Files:

19. Roskii Heiral

Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to credit you

Relten likes this.
  20. saodsaod

saodsaod Aquatic Astronaut

New Version Of HoverBike PST

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix and Roskii Heiral like this.