Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

these sketches are really good, I would love to see some more. :3

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, what would it be?

3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

That is one dapper and fine dressed gasbag private investigator... :up:

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

You want to invite her?

5. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

It's a bit of a difficult request, but I was wondering if you could draw this creature
    Bloodborne™_20150507082444.jpg

Arra and Rex Blackbeak like this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

What is that?

Relten likes this.
  7. Firepaw Da Cat

Well, it's a boss from Bloodborne. Someone who was affected by the plague and turned into a monster

Arra and Rex Blackbeak like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Uh.... hmm. I might try this... I don't know.

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The "Starbound race studies" are challenges where I take a character or a person and draw them as each of the races in Starbound (all of the ones here are people I know). I think I might do this on a request basis; it's pretty fun.
    Name all the characters in these pictures and I'll give you a cookie. Or art. You know, whichever.

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Female Karas in what is commonly known as the 3am dress, from Homestuck. Drawing stars is so fun!

11. Firepaw Da Cat

You don't have to if you don't want to

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I have quite a few requests to do right now, Fire, and I'm doing them very slowly as I have the motivation. Please have patience.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    An Oscura lady who kills everything she aims at. Maybe not the first time, or the forty-seventh time, but she'll get it done. One-track mind, but really likes rhyming.

14. Killa CookBook

Killa CookBook Tentacle Wrangler

Wow, I love your artistic styling. Your character development is some type of gauntlet it seems. Are these characters of a running story, or just a product of your boundless imagination? I' would be interested to see the reel that all of these toons are a part of. Maybe i'm just missing something, new to the forums so maybe i just need to find the post or check your profile. I'll be following you though. Thanx for the awesome sketches here, and cheers to inexhaustible creativity!!!

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I have no idea who you are, but thank you! My characters are from various stories, but all the ones here belong in the Starbound universe. I've written short bits about some of them, but not all.

16. Killa CookBook

Killa CookBook Tentacle Wrangler

I guess i'm your newest fan, lol! I'm checking out your deviant art page as well. It's so much easier to browse the clips over there as opposed to the forums, but you get all the character discussion on the forums. I'M TORN!

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I haven't updated my deviantArt in ages, just so you know. Heh. I'm glad to have a new fan, especially one as excited as you!

18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I don't remember if I ever drew a full-body sketch of Misha Lobonski, the lonely outpost Apex, so here's one now!
    [​IMG]
    She's changed since Tim died. The new recruit, Maly Popovich, goes on trade runs to restock the outpost, but isn't a scientist, and doesn't really understand Misha half as much as Tim did. Maly's young and brightens up the old place, but there are some places she just can't reach. Misha's taken to spending time alone recently, locking herself in the lab for hours on end. Experimenting? Maybe. Who knows? Not Maly.

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    And here's Maly, the freakishly tall Apex whom Sucrose recruited to stay with Misha. She's really a sweet thing, but loves to crack jokes, which Misha doesn't like very much. She loves giving hugs and learning about various languages (she may not even need a translator for many of the common ones).

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch31251629.png
    Karia Corwinn has nightmares. Often. Sometimes they involve real people she knows, so she may still be a little unsure if the dream was real or not after she wakes up. Sometimes, she tries to do a 'reality check' by calling the people who were in the dream, ensuring that they are all right. She doesn't explain why, but it doesn't take long to catch on.