Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sorry, I'm not taking requests in this thread, though I do currently have a 'contest' going on where the people whose name ideas get chosen do get a drawing from me. If you'd like to try that, you're welcome to go ahead, or I have a different style art thread which I do take requests in. (Though, I haven't done much in that one lately.)

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, these names have stuck. @Tatterdemalion , who would you like me to draw for you (in pencil or pen)?

3. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Oh , I hadn't even realized this was a "contest." I was just giving a suggestion! Ok, you know a lot of my characters, so here's something completely different: Would you draw a Phobe? They're one of my favorite suggestion races. I don't really have any specifics.. Just be creative!

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Ah, yeah... I like to keep things at least somewhat mysterious. You know that, right? And sure, I'll see what I can do.

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I drew a lot today...
    IMG_20150908_133656.jpg
    Two of the crew of the Oberon. I may have said this already, but Lanaq (who belongs to @Captain Karo ) is the captain of that ship... Varni is just a crew member (and a very loyal one at that). I'd never drawn Lanaq, so I decided I needed to do that today.
    IMG_20150908_121656.jpg
    Remember Cylo, the Novakid doctor who keeps getting into trouble? This is his girlfriend Flare. She's a pretty purple singer and the daughter of a well-known local saloon owner. She can act childish sometimes, but she's only having fun - really, Flare is a sensible Novalady with a good head on her shoulders.
    IMG_20150908_121630.jpg IMG_20150908_121546.jpg
    I really need to stop drawing Rose Maywing. She's really an awful person who doesn't deserve as much attention as I give her... but I can never get her face to look right, so there's that. (The picture on the right is a human version of Rose.)

IMG_20150906_140741.jpg
    Oh, and I drew this for @Captain Karo the other day - two of his characters with my character Sucrose. (He has way too many Avian characters...:p)

One last thing... @Tatterdemalion , I haven't forgotten about your reward. I simply... well, the source doesn't provide many examples of clothing for the race, or many other pictures at all, and being a visual person like I am, that makes it a bit harder for me to draw them. Or to want to draw them.

6. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i am forever amazed at your ability to flawlessly manage so many chaars

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I HAVE OVER 75 AND MY MANAGING IS NOT FLAWLESS AT ALL BUT THAnk you I try.

TwinKoi and rhomboid like this.
  8. rhomboid

i literally have trouble coming up with 1 when i try to get into rp e_e[DOUBLEPOST=1441738680,1441738600][/DOUBLEPOST]like "she's ... a girl. she likes cats. she likes shiny things. and, uh, philosophy." "it's you." "NO SHE HAS PURPLE HAIR"

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

No but the thing is, even with so many, I often have to make up a new character for a new idea because somehow with so many characters I have so few actually available (75 includes the dead ones and all the minor characters with character designs, so that might have something to do with it).

TwinKoi and rhomboid like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I didn't draw much on paper today... just a little sketch of the four Sulfide siblings.
    Sulfide siblings.jpg
    Pol and Sam I already told you about, but I have plans for Don (possibly nicknamed Dodge?) and Han. They might turn out to be old racing acquaintances of Karia's (Don would probably be the pilot, and Han the navigator - or who knows, they might trade off?)... of course, whatever I do with them, they have to be together. They just can't be apart, and it's the same for Sam and Pol. One thing all the Sulfide siblings have in common is a somewhat "fluffy" look - you might be able to see that in their coronas. But they don't have many sharp edges.

rhomboid and Iskiribbles like this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

WHO WANTS ME TO STOP SEGREGATING MY DRAWINGS AND POST SOME DIGITAL ART IN HERE? ANYBODY??

12. rhomboid

yes pls

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

OKAY THEN!
    [​IMG]
    THIS is @Captain Karo 's namesake! And I drew it all by myself! And I'm proud!

14. rhomboid

*-* so soft and pretty

Captain Karo likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

He's a fluffy Karo ^^

rhomboid and Captain Karo like this.
  16. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

Oh stahp! you flatter me! ^^
    I am handsome, soft, fluffy, and all those things though

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    MrToni300 and Alkanthe like this.
  17. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Wow! Your versatility never ceases to amaze!

Alkanthe, rhomboid and Captain Karo like this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

This is tru
    Ahahahaha... It's called experimentation. This is only the second drawing I've done in this style, with this technique. But thank you!

Captain Karo likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    hint hint you know who she is if you've read my story. Yeah that's her. I need to sleep

611, Killa CookBook, Warget and 3 others like this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150911_111634.jpg
    I tried. Hopefully this isn't too Victorian/medieval... You know I was going for the Venetian style, but I'm not very familiar with the style.

rhomboid, Tatterdemalion and Warget like this.