Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

@Immortal Trance , I heard you were back so I did my best to draw a squirrel for you, and tried a new technique to make it green because I'm lazy!
    [​IMG]

2. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

Its truly spectacular!

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thank you much!

Immortal Trance likes this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Chipset J. S. Capul
    [​IMG]
    This would be my first full-color drawing of "Chip", a less than scrupulous Glitch hacker who got herself kicked out of one of the more upright bounty hunter outfits and should be appearing soon in an RP near you!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Are Varc & Company making a comeback?

Sir Wilfrey and Alkanthe like this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Would you like them to? Actually, if they did, it would be with a decidedly expanded network of friends. Two more Glitch (sort of), one very strange Human(?), another Floran, and possibly a Phobe. If you've been paying attention, you may have guesses as to who some of these are.

Sir Wilfrey and Tatterdemalion like this.
  7. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I just noticed that she seems to have emerged once more. They're you're characters, and I think that you should work with whomever you're most interested in! Truth be told, I find most of your characters to be very interesting in any case.

Sir Wilfrey, Alkanthe and ZAYABUCKET like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, you got me thinking, and I decided to skip ahead about three years to see what happened. Some revelations surprised even me!
    It is now 8 years after the destruction of Earth. An ominous shadow of a space army is growing, yet it has not made its first move. It is not large enough yet.
    Bonde Newell is the right hand of that army. Lover of Cablehook, its leader, and just as scheming as she, he bides his time increasingly impatiently. Karen Jones is dead. Furious at Newell for betraying her, as it were, the jealous girl attempted to murder him but was caught and executed. Her demise served as a warning for Lyn Ingensson and Levine, who had both begun to think of desertion. They've bonded with each other through shared doubts and fears, and vowed to try to stay together, no matter what happens.
    Kade Ingensson has been distracted. The scheming Cablehook, who'd managed the jailbreak of the Cards Crew, had done it through another party. He tracked them down eventually, but was only able to gather bits and pieces of what happened, as his old United Human Force uniform and ship, battered as they were, had made the group rather hostile toward him. After that incident, Kade decided to adopt the guise of a smuggler in hopes that he'd get closer to whoever or whatever took the Cards Crew - especially his sister. So far, he hasn't turned up anything, but that is about to change.
    Varc Audial has discarded the last name of Tinner. After stranding Gedath Tinner on an outpost and having Thorntip rescued from her ship, she is truly all alone. And somehow she's been able to stay strong throughout her self-imposed exile. She's returned to writing and cataloguing creatures, just as if nothing had ever happened. But she no longer draws like she used to. After a very close scrape with some very hostile fauna, she's returned to the grid for upgrades and repairs. More than that, to get rid of the vestiges of her previous life and start a new one.
    Gedath Tinner, lost and alone, happened across a strange young lady known as Genesis Salvago, a Human in a Glitch body. Between the two, who'd both thought their lives were over, love blossomed, and eventually they constructed a child. A Glitch with a modern construction, she was named Eve Tinner. Both parents loved her, and each other, immensely.
    Thorntip was taken in by a strange Human known as Sky. After discovering her secret, he became paranoid of her, but with the help of an Avian couple named Karo and Skye, he was finally able to overcome his fears and return to her. By then, she'd taken in a young Floran named Kanay Pineblood, who reminded Thorntip of his old charge Strawberry. Thorntip was given a last name - Agueda - and Sky revealed her own last name, Santos.
    A former charge of Sky Santos, the Phobe known as Vyce Battaglia suddenly found herself very lonely. She began searching for Sky, but without knowledge of where in the universe Sky was, she might as well have been looking for a needle in a sea of haystacks. Finally despairing of ever finding her mentor again, Vyce sought work as a mercenary and was picked up by a crew of bounty hunters known as Oberon and Titania. She became a favorite of Sandra Shayu of the Titania, and was taken under her guidance to learn the art of espionage.

9. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

your world would make a nice rp

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Why thank you! I've considered starting an RP before, based off of facing Cablehook's army, but it hasn't happened yet... I do plan to work on one someday though.

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Clawsinger Cipani
    [​IMG]
    I've been playing Starbound again! Meet Clawsinger Cipani, one of the colonists of the small settlement of Mended Wing. Cipani is rather fearful and nervous, even though she can hold her own in a fight. Other colonists include Sunny, a Human; Rober, an Apex guard; and two more Avians, including my player character Ilaxani.

[​IMG]
    Ilaxani Jones! Sorry, I mean Ilaxani Stormbringer.

[​IMG]
    A sketch of the first two floors of Ilaxani's house, which is now also home to Rober.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Finished @Firepaw Da Cat 's request! I'm probably not going to take every request that comes my way in future, but I do need more motivation to draw and post my drawings.
    [​IMG]

13. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Thanks, I really like how it turned out! [​IMG]

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    A complete reimagining of Rachel Nelson resulted from my involvement in the beta test of The Resort, a strategy game run by our very own @DustyScabbard . This Rachel is a snarky, small scout who's agreed to accompany the main group of characters, including @Apathy Applied 's posh Tristan Newfield, @Zebe 's silent Rafael, and @Rgbunpro 's foul-mouthed Cannan. @Firepaw Da Cat 's character Meera hasn't yet met up with the others.
    [​IMG]
    I drew Clink Cardsharp as I imagined she'd look as each of the other canon races.

[​IMG]
    Sunny Stewart, one of the settlers of Mended Wing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Inverted versions of Anna Treband and Sky Santos. Nega Anna is a sociopathic fighter who uses love as a way to get what she wants. Nega Sky is the quiet recruiter for a dark army...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  15. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

And don't forget about Lily, who sort of exists but doesn't really interact with anyone due to becoming my pawn. But really all of you are my pawns.

Alkanthe, Zebe and zeskorion like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I love stripey backgrounds apparently.
    [​IMG]
    Here you go, @rhomboid !

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    More stuff from The Resort! @Firepaw Da Cat 's character Meera, who's just met up with the rest of the group and now has a fire axe; @Apathy Applied 's albino Tristan Newfield, nicknamed Eggplant; and @Rgbunpro 's Cannan, nicknamed Can Man.

18. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

omg
    *u*
    she looks so good tytytyty

MrToni300 and Alkanthe like this.
  19. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

What is this resort?

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It's the beta test of a game @DustyScabbard is hosting. It's something like an RPG: each of the players has a "character" that represents them and they get to choose the actions for; however, Dusty ends up writing a lot of the characters' actions, because the actions are split up into "rounds". Each player submits his actions for that round, and once everybody's submitted their actions, Dusty writes in what happens that round. You won't be able to find it, though, because the beta test is in a PM.