Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Finally updated the heads of all the humans and Maraxi. As you can see, three new humans are on their way - I don't yet have a design in mind for the middle one, though. There'll also be one other Glitch, three other Florans, two other Hylotl, one more Apex, SEVEN more Novakid (including the three bases), and the bases all the way on the right that look like Novakid will become my three Phobe. Tell you what, I'll try and get those last guys done by Halloween.

rhomboid likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

That... is a lot of characters...

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Somethin' like 107, actually. Way too many, but I like... most of them. The ones I don't, I still don't want to go to waste, but I don't know anyone who'd be interested in taking them off my hands. ...Well, except for maybe three of them.

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

image.jpeg
    I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO COLOR THESE TWO BUT I ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED THE DRAWING WINDOW AFTER I TOOK A SCREENSHOT. At least I have this, though... Two new characters! A tall male and a short female, both Glitch, both fencers. The girl is faster and more impulsive, while the boy is more refined and elegant.

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

A quick drawing for November's monthly event. Knightvember? Noventure? I don't know of a snappy name for it.
    [​IMG]
    Luie Markov, the disgraced alchemist. Turns out you can't ACTUALLY turn lead into gold (yet...), and when she uncovered that fact, the royal alchemist who'd taken her on as an apprentice was not at all happy for some reason. Even though the royal household was completely taken in by the "gold". One would think he'd be glad she discovered the nasty trick being played on the nobility... But anyways, she had to leave after that. There might've been a couple threats the royal alchemist gave to her, or something, but whatever it was, she doesn't dare go back now.
    Oh, and the tall guy's name is Tindale Canneman.

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20151029_094651.jpg
    Lazy Koisumi is a young Hylotl who never quite liked the idea of pacifism, but was basically unwilling to do anything about it until he was attacked by a couple Apex and nearly killed. He still seems lazy, but his mind is much more active than he lets on, and if you threaten him, he will respond.
    The girl's name is Spring Shockbolt. So, these two are Spring Shockbolt and Tindale Canneman.

Tatterdemalion and rhomboid like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Can anybody help me with finding colors for Tindale, Spring, and Koisumi?

8. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

Have you tried Kuler?

Alkanthe likes this.
  9. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like my kind of girl. :D

Alkanthe likes this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Looks like we have another psychopath... Great. Just great.
    Not much is known about Karas. In fact, Karas is most likely not even his real name. He is able to take on multiple personas in order to accomplish certain "missions" he's given. Not all of them involve murder.
    Inspired by @Zebe 's Penguin Syndicate 2. I plan to put Karas in the same group as Lilith Evanine and possibly Koisumi, because of the similarity of his goals to theirs.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Zebe and rhomboid like this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    It's only 2 hours until November, so why not post these? Medieval/fantasy versions of Sucrose, Karia, Misha, and Rationis. Sucrose Alkane is a wizard specializing in fire, and yes, that does include cooking, though the food, while usually perfectly cooked, isn't always the best as far as flavor goes. *shrugs* She likes to experiment. That stick of hers is affectionately nicknamed "Boomstick", even though technically it doesn't produce explosions, but flames... well, I guess since it combusts things that is technically correct. But the name, in the modern day, does refer to something else.
    Karia Corwinn is, as usual, rather down on her luck. She's a good horsewoman, and prefers the company of her own horse to that of people... the only problem being that she doesn't currently OWN a horse. So, she might've resorted to some less than noble methods to try to earn enough money to get and support one of her own.
    Misha Lobonski is an apothecary... I don't know. I'm tired.
    Rationis is another wizard. But not a fiery one. Instead, she specializes in a sort of telekinetic power: basically, the ability to pick up and move things around without touching them. The village she last visited wasn't too friendly to wizards and other magic folk, and she might've overreacted a little when they confronted her in the middle of the night, and she might've nearly died because of that... as well as had to flee the area very, very quickly... suffice it to say that there might be a sort of bounty hunters after her soon enough, and those stains on her sleeves might not be soup stains.

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Unmasked version of medieval Rationis? I'm thinking it might make more sense to use traditional fantasy races instead of Starbound ones for November... Knightvember... whatevmber.
    IMG_20151101_135825.jpg
    (Click to see the full-size image.)
    Three new characters. Sort of. Actually, only one of these is completely new. The Maraxi mechanic was a character before, but she's grown up since then and run away to join a spaceship crew. Her name is Angie Harke.
    The Phobe lady, Moira Remant, is partially based off of the Phobe I doodled for Tatterdemalion once upon a time. She's definitely something, enjoying both the high life and high adventure, a fashionable explorer.
    The Maraxi captain, Caleb Tille, is both an excellent leader and insatiably curious about everything new he sees. These qualities made him an ideal candidate for captain of a Maraxi spaceship, as he learns and adapts to new technology quickly and easily.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Potential, unisex outfit designs for the Tóllin, an elven-inspired race that loves square corners and thinks they're better than everybody else. Here's a bit of info about them - I've only just now started to develop the race; I got the name from an old, undeveloped race that existed at about the same time as the first incarnation of the Maraxi.

rhomboid and Lonewolf239 like this.
  14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20151102_202906.jpg
    Medieval Karas for Whatevmber! This is him as an assassin.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    rhomboid and Tatterdemalion like this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Akkal
    IMG_20151103_113440.jpg
    Akkal, nicknamed Ironwing after an accident which resulted in his right arm being replaced with a artificial, metal one. He's an explorer, possibly some sort of raider, or maybe he's more on the level. I'm not sure yet.
    I needed more Avians. And more males. So this happened.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    rhomboid likes this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Revealed!
    [​IMG]
    Karas toasts y'all on a successful game of Penguin Syndicate. Of course he'd have much preferred not to meet his death then. But, well, some things just can't be helped.

17. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Suddenly everything makes sense.:)

Zebe likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thanks! I haven't even told you about his tendency to give gifts to his favorite future victims yet. :p But then, you already know about that.
    Here's a drawing @Lonewolf239 did of Karas, along with a description of him he paraphrased from my ramblings.
    [​IMG]
    " Karas is an intellectual cultist from the Followers of the Seven Stars. He's a firm believer in all things supernatural, which manifests itself in different ways. For one, he likes to arrange things in groups of seven. He is of unsound mind and kills with little remorse. A planner with great attention to detail, Karas gets close to his victims by feigning affection and through thoughtful actions such as leaving gifts or food. He shows sociopathic tendencies and is not to be trusted. "

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Lonewolf239 likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20151104_200431.jpg
    Not a Boring Human - just a boring Avian. I have too many Humans anyways, so I took a bit of license with this one. Based off of @Zebe 's first Penguin Syndicate game.
    Grey plumage, misty blue eyes.

Lonewolf239 and Zebe like this.
  20. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Oooh look at this..