Buy Placeable Fireplaces?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jammee, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Is it possible?
    I'd really like to have one back in the bedroom when I had lvl 2 farmhouse. After I upgraded to lvl 3 the fireplace went into the kitchen :(
    I'd like to be able to purchase it and place it in my living room as well as the bedroom. Maybe they could have alternate styles too, such as river stone, sandstone and marble fireplaces.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The fireplace is not actually a actual object the way furniture is, it is why tIDE editing can add new ones.

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

I'm not sure I understand, don't know anything about modding and such. If it isn't an object then can a new purchasable fireplace object be created for the game?

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

tIDE creates map files. Fireplaces are not moveable objects in-game. They cannot be spawned into the game. While editing in tIDE you place whatever tiles make up the fireplace and add properties that allow it to work as a fireplace. Note that also in the bedroom I once placed a stairway and it caused the game to crash. I did have a window there at the time in game which could have caused it. If you get adventurous it is able to be done but you won't be able to move it in game. Just look at the tIDE tutorials on this site, it's really pretty simple, the tutorial explains it all pretty well.

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Thanks for the info, both of you. I'm not too sure I'm that 'adventurous' in attempting to make any sort of mod. I have considered maybe trying to learn to recolor or reskin some of the game's objects/animals/buildings since that's more inline with what I like to do in RL. graphic arts. Opening up and looking at all that coding is a bit too much for me, not being techy like so many of you are.

• Androxilogin

tIDE is more of the graphics sort of thing. In the tutorial I believe it has the tile properties you would need, just a right-click away, copy-paste. Install tIDE, extract an .xnb file, it gives you a .png and a .yaml. The .yaml will tell you what other .xnb files you need to extract when you drag it into notepad (notepad++ if you use that, not necessary but useful). Extract those other .xnbs into the same folder which will allow the map to load up. Add in a fireplace, middle tile- right-click and add the property to the layer. It's really a lot easier than it sounds. If you're into Photoshop it's a lot like that. Know your layers and you're fine. Even familiar shortcut keys to keep your workflow quick and efficient.

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Thanks for the info, Androxilogin... sounds interesting.
                Where can I find tIDE? I might look into it and see if it's something I can learn to use.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Cute house, taintedwheat.
                  Love the bathroom, but the forge in the bedroom? A little too hot for me :)
                  Too bad there aren't any pet birds in this game, the lovebird would a nice added piece of furniture to the game if there was a Pet Store in Town. Right now I have the farmhouse 2 mod with the 'No Kids Room - Bathroom Edition' installed, only the bathroom doesn't show up. I'd like to make the empty kid's room a second bedroom with fireplace, so maybe I'll have to find and learn how to use this tIDE I've been hearing about.

• taintedwheat

lol, there's no forge in the bedroom, just the fireplace
                    that changelog was referring to the alt version of the fireplace available to download would do that to the forge area in the basement.

anywho:
                    tide.codeplex.com

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Thanks for the website.
                      Sorry, I thought the screenshot with the forge was what you were talking about. Don't see a pic showing any fireplace in a bedroom though. If there's an alt version with a fireplace for download I'd like to know where to find it, please.

• taintedwheat

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Wow, nice fireplace, taintedwheat!
                        Just what I was hoping for. Is it downloadable anywhere?

A few questions for the bed and more feminine posture of your character... where can I find custom beds to replace the ugly dirty blanket beds that come with the game? Don't like them at all. And the posture of your little character with her feet together rather than spread apart like the guy characters is so much nicer. Is that something I could add to my game as well?
                        Sorry for all the questions.

• taintedwheat

The link I provided in the first post I made has all the download information along with the pretty fireplace under the download "pretty fires"

Also with that pink bedspread I made. There are a bunch of edits of the farmhouse_tiles in the misc. subforum here in the mod section that has them.

As for my posture, I use several different legs and skirts using my friend @Jinxiewinxie 's mod that allows you to have a multiple outfits.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-get-dressed-new-update-6-11.113731/

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Ahh, thanks for pointing this all out for me. Must have skipped right past your links... sorry about that.
                            I did get the Dresser for changing my face to round but didn't have time to look at shoes (did it have shoes? I can't remember)
                            What happened when I first tried that mod was as soon as I finished changing my characters face it must have frightened her because she immediately started to run to the left and I couldn't stop her LOL. Eventually I had to shut down the game and go back into it again and things seemed to be ok, but I haven't had to nerve to open up the Dresser again in case it crashed my game. But I'll check in there again since I really like the pose with her legs together.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

You can try just pressing C while standing still to open the dresser menu.

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

I tried again with the Dresser, this time it worked just fine, have nice little legs and feet ;)
                                What does pressing C do while using it though?

• Androxilogin

Same menu. Thanks Jinxie :p Sometimes the dresser won't show up. Most likely a "first-load" scenerio.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

sorry, late to the thread. I, too, would love to be able to buy a fireplace and add it where ever... been playing with tile sheets a bit, and I am considering attempting to "reskin" something large enough to pull this off. I am not familiar with coding, so whatever got the reskin would still be called whatever it was before. That being said, I have no clue how to go about making it lightable, like the one originally in the house. that would be sweet.

• Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

I'd like to be able to move the current fireplace! That would be useful, because I want to put my stupid giant futon bear there instead.