1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Buildable Custom Shipworld File/Mod (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) Version 1.2a

This is a .shipworld file and a mod which both let you build your own ship in Upbeat Giraffe.

1. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Must have been the mod then.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to this. If you want, just take the buildaship.zip, open it up and remove the quest folder. I haven't had a chance to use my computer for a while.

2. MisterDark

MisterDark Aquatic Astronaut

I need some help. I did everything that was instructed to get this mod to work, but it just crashes when I launch Starbound. It goes to the loading screen and then it crashes. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Just to be clear, I backed up the player folder and the shipworld file, and I deleted the old shipworld file, and I renamed the shipworld file included with the mod. Then, when I launch the game, it crashes. Anything I can do? Also, I do have other mods installed.
    Edit:
    The mods that I have installed are Frackin Universe,Skip tutuorial, spawnable item pack, Novakid speech lines, and better doors.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. Skhmt

Do me a favor and try remove all other mods first, see if it works. If it does, then the problem is a mod conflict. I'm not familiar with any of those mods unfortunately.

4. lichadth

lichadth Space Spelunker

I installed the mod, fresh new character, I get the lantern and all the mod items right after that, but, how do I change my ship, I still have the one you always get at the beginning, looking like shit and all.

5. Skhmt

Um... are you using a custom race?

6. Skhmt

By the way, I incorrectly wrote that the shipworld is 256x256. It's actually 2048 blocks wide, although it wraps around like a planet. I don't know how tall it is, but there's a LOT of vertical space.

7. lichadth

lichadth Space Spelunker

I'm a human. Changes anything?

8. Skhmt

It would if you were using a non standard race.

Did you try the .shipworld replacer?

9. Skhmt

Now that madtulip and princeofmar5 both updated their mods, I don't know if I should keep checking this thread and if I should update it ever.

I know I was first for upbeat giraffe, but they have so many more users and are probably going to support theirs over the long run.

There's also another mod similar to this, but it's only the mod portion and requires you to get to t8.

What do you guys think?

10. Darkarma

Darkarma Phantasmal Quasar

I think I may have run across a bug. Whenever I teleport in, or my screen is moving from left to right across a particular x-axis coordinate I hear the sound of a Chest being closed regardless of my Y-axis. This only happens when my char is touching some form of ground,

Nevermind it was a human ship locker that was the culprit though how I have no clue. It was no where near where I was having the issue

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  11. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, just started using your mod and found a error. When i made a new character (Novakid) with this mod and went and got the flashlight it spawned all the items it was suppose to but one. One of the items spawned into a Perfectly Generic Item x10 (which tells me it was one of the Boosters i believe). There was one other thing but this could be just a generic error on the part of the game, when it spawns the contents of ship locker i received the Blunt Shortsword and Broken Hero Sword (Human starting gear). Also notice that the Devs havnt fixed the flavor text for the teleporters yet, Some are still saying human design instead of their respective race design. Oh well hope this helps.

12. Skhmt

The hero sword is as intended I think. I haven't encountered generic items in my testing. Did Starbound update recently in stable? I haven't been on in a couple of weeks due to multiplayer server problems.

13. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@Skhmt, Not sure if they did or not. I am playing current build (Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe - update 2 protocol 668, Assets digest 46ff0b0b) and was not using any other mods besides this one i believe. Now let me ask a ? or 2 on items and gear that is generated from the mod: 1 can you post or send me a list of the boosters that way i can see what is being made into Perfect generic items. 2 is the gear being generated or put in the item list for humans only, and is it being done that way to make the mod easier (not sure how many items can be put in a list). Once i have the list i can admin spawnitem to find the booster that is messed up. It could be a typo or they renamed the item in question. Oh well hope this helps.

14. Skhmt

It's in the quest folder for buildaship.

boosterflamehuman
    boosterflamehuman2
    boosterflamehuman3
    bigboosterflamehuman
    smallboosterflamehuman2
    boosterflameapex
    boosterflameapex2
    boosterflameapex3
    bigboosterflameavian
    bigboosterflameglitch
    smallboosterflameglitch
    boosterflamenovakid
    boosterflame

15. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Hey, OK here is the good news and bad news.... Good news ... Boosters all OK .... Your just missing 2 generic boosters (bigboosterflame,smallboosterflame) out of the list i was able to get online at http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/ but no probblem. Bad news ... still don't know what causing the bug, what else do you have in the quest items list that gives x10 besides boosters. Hope this narrows the search a bit more. Good Luck

16. Skhmt

That's everything that gives 10. Everything else gives 1, 50, or 100.
    Hm... Does every race have a fuel hatch, tech station, ship door, teleporter, and captain's chair?

17. Zuperned

Zuperned Void-Bound Voyager

How the heck do i do this... the info is kinda... unhelpfull to me. and i dunno how to do this. sorry if i sound stupid. >3<

18. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@Skhmt - Yep, everything adds up on that end of it. Grrr wish i knew what was causing it. I am currently playing the UNSTABLE ver at the moment so i am not sure i can figure anything else out. When i go back to playing STABLE i will get back with you to try to figure this out.

@
    Zuperned - What's wrong or what was the ? you were asking?

19. Skhmt

I've never actually played unstable before, so I don't know. Maybe when it hits stable I can find out?

20. InfinityBringar

InfinityBringar Void-Bound Voyager

My flame won't appear. Am I doing something wrong here?