1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Build Your Own ship/ Sandbox Ship[Dead]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Rik, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Dakaa

Dakaa Orbital Explorer

Would you share your dropship.structure and the .png files used for making this mod?

2. mummia

mummia Orbital Explorer

[​IMG]
    Very nice mod

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Villy Spectrum and Greymatter28 like this.
  3. CelioHogane

CelioHogane Void-Bound Voyager

Well That was fast.

4. Rik

Rik Industrial Terraformer

Afraid I don't have them, I the dropship.structure is pretty standard though, the only difference is the ship tiles are breakable and that the background image directs to a file that doesn't exist.

The ship blocks is basicly a massive square with yellow walls, because as I said, you cannot place background blocks on blue tiles.

5. Rik

No, you cannot break down anything red in the ship-block structure as the red tiles are essentially the edges of the physical map, and not blocks that you can destroy.

blue tiles are physical space that you can place objects in, like the jets for the engines and captains chair, but cannot place background tiles onto them for obvious reasons.

Yellow and pink tiles count as wall tiles which is what the primary building part of your ship is. When you create a map with this tile, it unfortunately places the defined background tile on it, which means if you want to make a mod like mine, you'd need to re-destroy all the walls for the entire map. These so far are the only tiles I've found that allow you to place background blocks in their place.

I've tried looking for the tags for the "jet" objects that are inside the blue tiles under and behind the ship, but could not find them. if I could, I would've tagged them also as breakable so that players could still keep their jets on their custom ships.

Also, if you're referring to the artwork of the ship itself, that is not a tile or block at all either, it is just a flat transparent image placed behind the tiles to look like a ship.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. The Green Calx

The Green Calx Starship Captain

[​IMG]

Love the mod, good work!

Kruger287 and Edaniel like this.
  7. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

The world "Epic" does not begin to describe how awesome this is.

Affero likes this.
  8. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seriously... MAKE THIS COMPATIBLE WITH NEXT PATCH.... BEFORE IT COMES OUT

9. Affero

Affero Contributor

Very stylish yet simple, the form reminds me of a satellite :D

10. Rik

It should remain compatible with the next patch as long as Tiy doesn't make the "pixel compressor" a ship item like it appears he did on his reddit post. If he did, recreating the mod shouldn't be difficult, but it'll still require a remake of the file. I'm hoping that even if it is a ship item, the old save will still work, and just need a pixel compressor item to properly place (which should be a pretty easy fix).
    But I can't really make any conclusions until the update actually happens.

In other news, I might have figure out how to make the engine jets breakable and will be updating the mod when I get home or so, but I can't make any promises.
    I got rear ended pretty hard this morning driving to work on my scooter and need to get that sorted out before I have time to work on the mod.
    (Don't know how the heck I'm completely uninjured, considering how fast we were both going and how broken and warped my scooter is)

[​IMG]

11. Shinae

Shinae Contact!

Awesome. I'm gonna give it a try when new patch hits online. If it works with the new patch. Great work. Time to design my ship on paper.

12. klipwc

Just hearing you say this is enough : D I look forward to your work

EDIT:
    OOPS, didnt read it fully. My condolences to you, get well soon

13. Mercnet

Mercnet Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't wait to build mine, but I can't get past the loading. I was able get into it once for a quick test, but now I just can't get back into the game. Also getting sleepy :(

14. kalez

kalez Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry if someone asked this already, but what happens if you take the ship components to a planet, then try to fly to another planet, if you get my meaning?

15. Mercnet

Mercnet Pangalactic Porcupine

Nothing, as they won't function outside the shipworld space.

16. klipwc

Your game crashes

17. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

This may just be the best thing since breaded slice. ...err... sliced bread.
    Hope to see engines in the future.

18. AlfieSR

AlfieSR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like this, personally, but attempting to build it, I started from the bottom-left replacing the wooden box and ended up running into the invisible wall on the right. Mind giving the ship file for this one?

19. Darkel

Darkel Void-Bound Voyager

I've posted a link to breakable/rearrangeable boosters/jets in the last comment on the 2nd page. Use anvil and 20 iron bars.

[​IMG]

beaver_rrr likes this.
  20. kalez

kalez Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haha ok. Figured as much. It would have been interesting if it turned a planet into your ship. Deathstar, anyone?