1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Bugs when donating to museum

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by gummywyrms, Dec 26, 2016.

1. gummywyrms

gummywyrms Pangalactic Porcupine

When I donate to the museum, if I don't scroll to the bottom of the donation area and instead stay just above the area where the window moves to allow the user to click on the bottom table, the game sometimes doesn't allow me to set down the item after scrolling down to the bottom table and selecting an area to put the item. Usually, I can put the item back into my inventory, scroll down completely to where the window moves to allow me to see the bottom table, and then select the item and donate it normally.

Today, I managed to trigger this bug again, but when I tried to put the item I wanted to donate back into my inventory, I somehow "clicked through" the inventory window and picked up an item that was currently on display. This caused my inventory window to disappear, although when hovering over the area where the item I had wanted to donate would have been in my inventory, I was able to see the description for it, although it was only visible for a moment. I tried to put the item I had picked up back, but it wouldn't allow itself to be put down, and I couldn't put it on a different space, either. I ended up having to restart the game, since I couldn't do anything except for scroll around the museum.

I've gotten the first bug a few times, probably at least 4-5 times, but today is the first time I got the second bug. I tried to recreate it, but I didn't manage to trigger the first bug. If I do successfully recreate it, I'll update this thread, of course.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit. I don't play on another OS, so I didn't try to trigger it there.

The game didn't crash, so I don't have any error logs, either.

• jjforums

jjforums Void-Bound Voyager

It happened to me sometimes too. It started when I wanted to put items on the bottom table of the museum, a workaround I found was putting the item in the other tables and then moving to the bottom table.

• voicingsquire22

voicingsquire22 Intergalactic Tourist

Another thing that works is scrolling down to the table without holding the item, and then once you've positioned the screen, click on the item and place it on the table to donate.