1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kozm0naut

kozm0naut Space Hobo

Thanks for update v1.1.1! Still looking forward to some official announcement about it, or changelog, but I see the new version and artifacts appear (haven't found any) on a new game screen.

I am a bit disappointed that my biggest concern (a game-breaking bug which was on the known issues list) was not addressed in this patch. Specifically, in multiplayer play, crits appear to be randomized on the client side such that enemies may appear to take differing amounts of damage to different players. As a result of this, some creatures may die for the host while they still appear to be alive for a connected client, resulting in a "ghost" that can't attack or kill but still counts against the remaining enemy count and will stop the multiplayer game from progressing if the host's character is already dead and unable to hit the teleporter. I don't know what your code/netcode look like but I think this shouldn't be too tough to fix, but I'm not sure how aware you guys were that this bug was really ruining some people's games. This occurs to my friends and I every few runs and just stops the game dead in its tracks.

Additionally, since the patch I've gotten some full multiplayer session crashes resulting in my character and the UI disappearing. In one instance, it briefly returned but then disappeared again, and we were forced to restart both times. I've attached the error logs of those crashes. Let me know if I can provide any more info about what was going on at the time.

Thanks again for all your guys' hard work! v1.1.1 looks really interesting but I was really just hoping those game-breaking bugs would only be around until this next patch. In any case, your attention to these issues is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

• Mr_E_Fox

Mr_E_Fox Mop

In the Magma Barracks I experience a number of bugs
      1. Continual motion or attack input is stopped periodically.
      2. All enemies freeze
      3. The screen freezes but continues to run (fixed by pausing and unpausing the game, but it repeats).
      4. Evolved Lemurians fly to the top left of the map out of reach (but only after the other bugs start manifesting).
      These bugs only seem to appear on the second cycle through of the levels. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game after the first occurrence of this, but it persists.

Edit: this can happen on the first cycle through the levels as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
      • HeyLuke

HeyLuke Space Hobo

Are the patch notes for the Artifact update out yet? I'd like to know if there were any updates/fixes besides the addition of Artifacts.

• Ramond

Ramond Subatomic Cosmonaut

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/bugs-for-risk-of-rain-v1-0-3.77890/

A few other players have already reported this as well, it's the Cremator that causes this to happen ;) guess another hotfix is neccessary.

• BionicRock

BionicRock Space Hobo

I was playing the arctic level for the first time and shortly after the bosses spawned (Colossus and Ifrit) Ifrit's barriers vanished and the enemies ceased to be hostile for the rest of the level.

Attached Files:

• Fhink

Fhink Space Hobo

Hi everybody,
              I got the cremator-bug as well (second time in a row). Just uploading the error-reports, maybe that helps.
              Hope this get fixed soon.
              Cheers :)

Attached Files:

• mudkiz

mudkiz Space Hobo

so for some reason i have all of the artifacts on my game but i dont have them unlocked i cant disable them either cuz i dont have them unlocked [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

• Chuisfree

Chuisfree Orbital Explorer

I also had an error fighting the Cremator in the magma level. I'm uploading the crash text, just in case it helps.

For me, it immediately killed all of my drones and my character disappeared. The cremator kept going and the music was playing like normal. If I paused and then unpaused, I reappeared. I was able to kill him by only shooting. If I used any abilities, I disappeared and had to pause/unpause to reappear. I also tried reviving my drone, but it was immediately killed -- and it was killed without being damaged by the creamator.

I was playing on easy, with the commando, and I had already finished the level (ie, teleporter was green and it said all enemies were killed, even though Cremator was still obviously alive).

Anyway, I was able to finish the level, so no harm really done. Hope it helps!

Attached Files:

• HunterZ

HunterZ Space Hobo

Got an error while playing the Steam version. A boss had spawned before I found the portal (which has never happened before), and I ran away. I then found the portal and survived the portal timer, and when I returned to kill the boss everything exploded and the game told me there was an error.

I also saw what looked like a possible second boss at the same spot as the first one just before the error occurred. Maybe there's an issue with two bosses existing at once?

Attached Files:

• kryty

kryty Space Hobo

Few bugs..

Firstly the most annoying: Sometimes fails to push / shoot buttons. Have to shoot it with Huntress' bow multiple times sometimes no matter how close or how far I am and doesn't matter if I'm still or not. Tried several times to get an artifact on the Ancient Valley and hitting the buttons was totally random. In the end I just gave up because this artifact is hard as it is and with the added luck factor, it became impossible.

Secondly in one coop game 2 of us died and the last one was totally ignored by enemies so he just peacefully cleared the level.

On the last level when friend unlocked a chest that was between those two walls, the item that came out of that was above the chest so much that it was impossible to get to it because there was an invisible roof there (tried with the jetpack).

Also I keep getting error messages online and offline. Here's all that I've gathered so far (no logs prior to 25.4.)
                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14366379/RoR/error_4_25_2014.txt
                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14366379/RoR/error_4_26_2014.txt
                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14366379/RoR/error_4_27_2014.txt

Doesn't seem to create errors from enabling the buttons. The game's errors where the enemies ignored a friend playing on my server is the last one. I'm using CPU GPU Intel HD 4000 on my 3570k (my GPU broke and waiting for a replacement) so the game lags, could that be a reason for some bugs? I admit, I'm not 100% sure that these bugs aren't mentioned before but did not notice anything about the first one at least.

My friend streamed that game where he was invulnerable, VOD here:
                      Code:
                      http://www.twitch.tv/nitrogenua/b/523629513
                      - At around 1:03:40 enemies are still attacking nitro but after that they ignore him yet he can still receive damage.

Also another bug: can't post links to twitch.tv vods here, it just tries to show the live stream, that's why I put the link into code tags. Also tried to make it as a link and that didn't work either.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I just noticed that Acrid (the boss) will be floating on his chains when stunned. Probably related to how the sprite is set up.

• Lokiry

Lokiry Void-Bound Voyager

um so i was kinda just playing and then suddenly everything broke
                          not quite sure how to upload a screenshot but heres a picture http://gyazo.com/4feea1ac3fad350aaf972f137b1c2634
                          kinda needs to get fixed because it just eliminated my run for no reason

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

gah, I have so many tabs open as of recently that I keep posting in the wrong thread.

• Crunch

Crunch Space Spelunker

This is the second time this has happened: I was doing an infinite run (Just playing endlessly to get all the artifacts) and I got to the magma level and enemies spawned outside the map and are unreachable. This always happens after a few errors in the upper left and the HUD disappearing temporarily. Here's a screenshot of what is going on: http://prntscr.com/3ekcu7

I'd love a fix for this!

Thanks,
                              Crunchee

• geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

Multiple bosses will spawn as difficulty increases, and they'll spawn before and during the teleporter period. If you play Monsoon difficulty and loop from the Temple back to the first level, you might be set upon by at least a dozen Magma Worms, for example. :rofl:
                                Obviously everything exploding is probably a bug, though.

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Might not be the best screenshot of this but humorous none the less. The imp is dangling his claws over the lip of a cliff. Heck with how poor a run and how little I noticed him he's practically posing and photobombing, just had to be near a sunset didn't he? and apparently, my Unstable Watch. But yeah THIS guy. Just chilling there in middle of your levels such a loser. Especially when he could maul some mobs every now and then. Useful on levels when he works. Any chance of updating him to port with the drones if he's active?
                                  [​IMG]
                                  Wish i'd taken more screenshots, this bug happened the same battle my misbehaving imp was photo-bombing; The orbs were stopped, only creating two and then disappearing and the end of the time stop, the red line kept moving and doing damage however.

This I suspect is due because ghosts are counted as an entity when the mob counter is looking for them, even though auto targeting items like missiles, neocyst, and other similar use items know where to go. probably because they count as friendlies.

I managed to get this, with a horde of lag after max health farming on a run that I knew had the barracks. I had a drone swarm and Toxic Beasts kept spawning in on the bottom platforms above me, I also had the repair kit, immortal drones ftw. Tons of constant healing by the time you've maxed health. Used Boar Beach for that. But probably don't want take my route. I've noticed not notifications for rogue achievement or stats not being counted. but I guess that'd be another bit of code the game would bother with. my stats keep resetting I cant tell if its because I'm speed running Drizzle or not.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
                                    geekofalltrades likes this.
                                  • Fullmetalgambit

Fullmetalgambit Space Hobo

Was playing the game in multiplayer and controller (PS4) died and tried to get it charged again but was unable to reconnect. Couldn't even use keyboard to move character. Once the controller did reconnect it crashed the game and I lost about 3 hours of unlocks. Lost almost all the artifacts from this. This is a really upsetting problem as having controller die and not being able to use keyboard instead is a terrible oversight. Made me lose so much time farming the game

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I was doing pretty good until I had a game breaking bug in singleplayer.

I guess it was one of those "ghost" monsters.
                                      [​IMG]

• gnta

gnta Space Spelunker

i heard u can unlock the artifacts in drizzle so i collected some of them in drizzle but none of the ones i collected are unlocked for me to pick

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.