1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tosxychor

Tosxychor Yeah, You!

Gotta say, I've noticed nowhere as much damage forgetfulness in MP since 1.02, so I'm very pleased about that ^^ It still happens sometimes, but I'm willing to believe it happens just because of some lag mishaps of hitting/missing an enemy that I thought I didn't/did.

- However, Acrid's Toxic Sludge is absolutely confirmed for not working in MP as guest. It does no real slowdown (enemies appear to crawl but they just teleport to wherever they really are when they attack), and it does no real damage (even tiny imps survive a full trail of it with full life), at any point or occasion. It's just plain not working. It just speeds up players at the moment.

• pahzao

pahzao Master Chief

Hi!
      I've had this issue for a long time, at least 6 months, the fps is so low the game becomes unplayable, the game says that it is arround 30 all the time.
      The framerate starts at 30, it is not a fps drop.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel core i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
      RAM: 8 GB
      GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 630

Really wish I could play it, this game is awsome.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
      • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Okay, this is really strange. Your computer seems to be at least twice as powerful as mine, and I don't have many framerate issues other than the "final stage lags too much" one. There must be something else going on.
        Just to get the obvious troubleshooting out of the way, have you checked this page? Do you have any resident program on your system that could be interfering?

Wasd_wasd likes this.
        • Chthonic One

Chthonic One Aquatic Astronaut

For those having severe performance issues, have you tried turning off Aero Themes for Windows Vista, 7, and 8? Doing this greatly improved my performance in game.

• pahzao

pahzao Master Chief

So I went on that page, but my problem doesnt have anything to do with a xbox 360 controller, I tried with it plugged, and unplugged. Also it is not framerate drop, from the inicial cutscene the game is ~30 fps.
            This was int that page as well:
            "The game runs slow!
            While the minimum specs for the game is low, some graphics card dislike GameMaker's surface handling functions. See if disabling Pixel Perfect Scaling, lowering the graphics settings, and enabling frame skip reduces framerate issues."
            It was already running like that, I tried running windowed with 1x, fullscreen too.
            I wonder what's going on...

I tried disabling the aero themes as well and nada..
            Awsome pic btw furi curi ♥

Wasd_wasd likes this.
            • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Hmm, this is odd. I guess check task manager? I really have no clue now, other than trying windowed mode. But fullscreen mode in GameMaker games doesn't really use any resources unless it sets the resolution of the screen.
              Hrmmmm...
              Oh, and just because it bugs me a little, it's irrelevant what kind of controller you use.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
              • pahzao

pahzao Master Chief

I use just a regular xbox 360 wired controller. And I got nothing wrong on the task manager, just the risk of rain and a svchost above 100.000 k
                Just about to give up on this game.. I have no clue what to do

• mch026

mch026 Space Hobo

While playing as the Huntress, I can Strafe left and jump at the same time, but she won't Strafe right and jump. This includes walking first, then jumping, and then trying to shoot while in the air. I can do it to the left, but not the right.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                  • Orisno

Orisno Void-Bound Voyager

Don't know if this has already been covered or not, but if you start the game in local co-op (the first time you ever play Risk of Rain on your PC), the item log and statistics becomes bugged. If I collect an item in singleplayer, it will not appear as found in the item log. Same with statistics, they'll only update for local multiplayer now. If I'm in local multiplayer, both the item log and the statistics will update as normal. It's not game breaking, but it is frustrating.

• Chthonic One

Keyboard or controller? If it's the keyboard, depending on how it was designed, certain key presses may not be made simultaneously. This could be the issue. More expensive keyboards allow for more freedom in how many keys and what keys can register at the same time. Cheaper keyboards get by with preventing odd sets of key presses that don't come up very often. Technically, there is limited bandwidth through a keyboard cable for your keyboard to communicate to the computer what keys are pressed at the same time. If too many keys are pressed, it has to decide what keys to report by an order of importance.

Test this for me: Try Jumping and firing. Try jumping to the right while still holding jump and firing. Try jumping to the right, releasing jump, and then firing. Tell me which combos work and which do not.

If 1 and 3 work, then it is likely your keyboard does not like the key combination of jump + right + shoot. To fix this you can try assigning different buttons to these and finding a combination that works for you and can all be pressed at the same time. Alternately, Logitech does a very good job on limiting how many key combos conflict with other key presses, and I don't usually have any issues with gaming.

• Addy

Addy Aquatic Astronaut

Couple of error logs, nothing game-breaking really. I think the second one stopped spawning bosses, but I died rather quickly so I was unable to confirm.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                        • mch026

mch026 Space Hobo

Chthonic One, thanks for the tip. I tried all the combinations of moving, firing, and jumping. I tried it with some other characters, too, and it did the same thing, so it is definitely my keyboard. I'm using a laptop, so I can't really change it. I changed the controls around a bit, but I've noticed other keys don't work well together also.

• MrKrieg

MrKrieg Aquatic Astronaut

Sniper Scope is proc'ing and doing the animation and sound (along with displaying some absurd amount of damage (1040789 or something)) but isn't actually inflicting that damage on the mob. It's just playing the animation and displaying a number without killing anything. Mercenary on Monsoon; has been happening in several different runs.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                            • Chthonic One

Sniper scope doesn't do damage. It kills a target instantly. Are you certain that nothing around you just died out of the blue?

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
                                Should speak for itself once you realize what's going on.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                • MrKrieg

It actually does do damage. If you pay attention, you'll notice it kills stuff instantly BY doing absurd damage. The text for it is red.

To note though, it did start killing things on occasion within the same playthrough. But this is hardly the first time I've noticed it not killing something (I usually write it off as too many enemies to discern but several times it's proc'd on a single solitary enemy without so much as scratching them).

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                  • Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

I can vouch for this glitch as well. I was streaming when I noticed it was happening in a VERY small group of monsters and NOTHING was dying.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                    • MrKrieg

Alright, seriously. The multiplayer bug where the host dies and all enemies have been defeated but the coop players still display "X enemies left" and can't use the teleporter HAS to be the priority bug to fix. It's literally a show-stopper in multiplayer.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
                                        Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                      • Slanzinger

Slanzinger Orbital Explorer

Time Keeper's Secret stops jump pads from working when active (you just walk straight through them)

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                        • meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

thats a feature

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.