1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Bug: Frame rate?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Markie32, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweak

Tweak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I exited Steam, set the open_gl.exe to run as admin and told Microsoft Security Essentials to exclude the process and the entire Steam folder from its scans.

It seems like my frame rate improved immensely - ran fullscreen 1920x1080 with 3x zoom better than any other setup I had tried.

Only problem is now my audio is messed up and sounds static-filled. o_O

Edit: Nevermind. Had the common sense to test something else - it's not starbound causing it, just a coincidence that it's happening after those changes. I am curious those - if anyone wants to explain to me why on Earth plugging in an external hard drive to a USB port screws up all my audio, then send me a private message ("start a conversation" as this board calls it).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Kaerithia

Kaerithia Big Damn Hero

Greetings

don't know it's still active but have same problems. nVidia GTX 460 and Win7. Got some massive lags and it's still unplayable. Character runs in one direction for a few seconds caused by a lag. Hope it gets fixed or anyone can help. Btw tried everything in this thread nothing helps.

reg. Kaerithia

3. xiaoyuandlg

xiaoyuandlg Space Hobo

5-10 frames a second, hard to imagine what happened

4. Rhasq

Rhasq Void-Bound Voyager

Lag for days bruh

5. The framerate should be more stabilized after the next patch :coffee:

Markie32 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.