Bring back the Launcher/Dual Clienting

Discussion in 'Other' started by BiooBorg, Jul 23, 2016.

1. BiooBorg

BiooBorg Void-Bound Voyager

Now I understand that this is sort of a mechanic that... Well... Is not really important to the whole list of things, but I have to disagree, mainly due to the fact that the Roleplay Community, we sort of design our own custom Dungeons and NPCs due to the lack of manpower. I know this is sort of a minor thing, but many of us who like to start adventures up and play as multiple NPCs in a town or roleplay as a large force really need the multi-clienting capabilities, to make environments more immersive, and to allow us to roleplay as multiple characters or NPCs in a dungeon. Isolating ourselves to just one client is making this extremely difficult for certain roleplay communities.
    --- Post updated ---
    Disregard this, we can still multi-client just not through steam

2. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Was about to mention that, just don't start it over steam duh, you can't multi ANY steam game.

As for the launcher, don't you dare summon that useless bugger back : ( I'm so glad that thing is gone. Circumventing it by not launching the game through steam worked for not having to bother with it but opened pandoras box about steam updating SB while I'm playing.
    So please leave the launcher in whatever void it is in.

3. daichiazure

daichiazure Big Damn Hero

As much as I agree it was a bugger to deal with. unless we get the option of Dedicated Server similar to what WURM has I have to agree with BiooBorg on this. one way or another you won't get mod support on a server if you have to manually launch either EXE file while launching the other via steam.