1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Blocks With Weapons

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by volyar64, Jan 28, 2017.

1. volyar64

volyar64 Space Hobo

Do you guys know if there's any way to make it so guns and such can break blocks? I'd really like it to be more of a shootout and be able to break the cover of my enemies. I'd enjoy it to make it feel more real. Thanks for the help!

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion.

Regrads
    Iris Blanche

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

From my experience, you can break blocks with bullets, but only the fragile ones, that is if you don't mind keeping shooting the same block for 30 sec

Tho, by using JSON coding, you CAN make guns destroy block, by making them fire explosive projectiles and such, but apart from that...

4. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

You will want some REALLY HEAVY weapons if you intend on breaking non-fragile blocks with a gun. Some of the Frackin Universe weapons are capable of getting the job done. The Atom Smasher gun is the absolute best though. Given enough effort and time, it can even cut through dead core blocks (but there's a better way to do that). It makes regular blocks look like butter when it cuts through them.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Since it update yea
    Before, it was so inaccurate...

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Guns can break blocks. The issue is having enough energy to actually do it, and if the weapon shoots fast enough to counter the "regeneration" of the block health.

Tamorr likes this.
  7. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I have accidentally destroyed a few platforms with machine pistols while clearing out mobs the the sewers, so yes some blocks can be broken with guns.

You could also try explosive items as well, I have seen the bombs make craters when activating the rotating pods, I'm just not sure if any of the rocket launchers break blocks though since I mainly use them for boss fights and those areas are protected.