1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Block Replicator [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by I Said No, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I Said No submitted a new mod:

Block Replicator 1.0 - Reproduce blocks en masse using Voxels.

Read more about this mod...

2. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Does this have compatability for mod-based blocks? I has a few things I wanna do with Avali blocks but I am loathed to tear apart the settlements I find of them...

3. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I'm afraid i'm not sure how to go about implementing that. It would be as simple as making a new recipe for the block that needs to be replicated though.

4. Sartorius

Sartorius Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you the same I Said No from Somethingawful?

5. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

6. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

7. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

8. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

9. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

Good mod But the whole reason I wanted this is to get the crashed space ship "Wall Panel" and it's not there. Pressurized steel is there and junk metal but missing that one.

10. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

The list of blocks available in the replicator likely needs updating too. I'll take a look at it soon.

11. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I Said No updated Block Replicator with a new update entry:

Update Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. TylorBane

TylorBane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a quick idea, instead of you making the whole thing have recipes, is there anyway you could code it so that you put in the block type you want, and it reproduces that block for a cost of pixels? that would eliminate the need for mod support as it would remove recipes all together.

13. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I hadn't thought of that. That sounds great, i'll look into it ASAP.

14. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Keep in mind the limitations with an implementation like this. You're going to either need to make a whitelist of sorts which makes recipes the easier choice, pass a check wether an item is a .matitem or just make every item spawnable, which could quickly make this overpowered. Just some food for thought.

15. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

Hm, I hadn't considered that either. Though there's little reason I can't do both, it would be best to make sure I can keep the "experimental replicator" (lets call it that) from duplicating anything that's not a brick.
    Or else, Rocket Launcher + 10k Voxel = OH GOD

16. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

You won't be able to spawn randomized equipment with it anyway unless you make the script organize the data that comes in a table from whatever binding you use to identify the item and put that organized data in a binding like spawnItem. I would honestly look into a way to recognize if an item is a matitem and only duplicate if it is. Try to use /itemid 3 0 (checks first item in hotbar) while in admin mode to check wether those items even have a way to recognize if they are a material or not. If not, your plan gets a whole lot more complicated.

17. TylorBane

TylorBane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

on the other hand, you could set up a tiered system that checks the items value and makes it that difficult to replicate.

18. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

19. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

20. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Nice. Will you be adding more of the default/vanilla block types? In particular the outpost block types and whatnot.

You can find some of these items in the microdungeons, I believe...so it doesn't really require hacking your way through the outpost's protections to get them...and they're nice looking blocks. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.