Blind sniper's contest entry

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by blind sniper, Mar 8, 2012.

?

Do you like this thread?

1. I like it!

47 vote(s)
    95.9%
  2. I hate it!

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. I don't care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Added scientific names.
    SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD!!! :devil:

2. DoubleDusk

DoubleDusk Void-Bound Voyager

The science god demands your organs for research! SCIENCE RESEARCH!
    Love the design, reminds me of the Monest and Mothmant mobs from Phantasy Star Online. The desert subspecies look particularly cool, love the bright blue against the sandy colour. Great work. :D

blind sniper likes this.
  3. Yui

Yui Aquatic Astronaut

I love this idea! Furthermore, building on the idea that it reproduces through spores allows for this monster's ability to become a huge threat.

4. Thanks a lot!
    The Idea of this concept came to me suddenly RIGHT AFTER I readed about contest (just like POP! in my head:eek: ), and I hoped that was quite original. I can SWEAR that I NEVER EVEN HEARD about PSO pefore ( :)sure I heard but never seen). But...in the contemporary world impossible to create anything newX3
    Howbeit...
    Thanks Yui, thanks to all of you, my faithful followers!:laugh: *a sinister laugh*
    Now I'm still workin' on the two new high-threat varies, hope I could upload it later today:zzz:

5. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

You're making great progress, I'm wondering where this is going before the contest ends. =)

blind sniper likes this.
  6. DoubleDusk

DoubleDusk Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, I don't mean to say that you took the idea from there or anything! D: It just made me think of when I used to play that game (for far too long). And of course you've created something new! You have your own style, the idea for it, a new context, and all of its subspecies! It's a very original and creative piece, so don't let me cheapen that by mentioning a game no one plays anymore. I hope I get the chance to grow to hate them while playing Starbound! :D

7. You don't have to apologize for, dude! :D I am VERY grateful for this info!:geek:
    Who knows?:cautious:

8. Added new variants and threat-o-meter.
    Enjoy!
    *has gone to sleep remake animation* :zzz:

9. Finally I came up with its name.
    Thee anoint... a Mawtrap!
    (please comment)

Yen likes this.
  10. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Hooray! =D Sounds fitting.

blind sniper likes this.
  11. Yen

Yen Pangalactic Porcupine

Eeeeee, a venus-style monster :D The little eyething it's got is awesome and the symbionts are a great little idea :D

...I must admit I kind of want a lot of the monsters that've been submitted into this contest just in a game of their own because they're all just so awesomeeeee X3

blind sniper likes this.
  12. I don't quite sure what you mean "venus-style" (English is my third language), but thank you!:)

13. SomeJerk231

SomeJerk231 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist. But yes this is an amazing idea.

14. Yeah I remembered that thing too (much later):p:)

15. Yen

Yen Pangalactic Porcupine

Like a Venus fly trap, that carnivorous plant :)

16. Oh, I understand. You mean Dionaea muscipula:geek::D
    I thought exactly about it. It's funny, in Russian it also have 'Venus' in its name, but I did not understood you at once.

17. Wake

Wake Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice ! I hope we will see this "Mawtrap" in the game !

blind sniper likes this.
  18. Crowley

Crowley Void-Bound Voyager

Cool! Gifs and description are nice. Hope that Starbound makers take notes from that thread.

blind sniper likes this.
  19. There is it:coffee:
    I really, REALLY hate to submit an unfinished works:mad: , but I'm afraid that I couldn't complete it in time. So enjoy this smoothered version.
    stub1.gif
    Thanks to all who supported me! :love: Your feedback has been invaluable!
    I apologize once again for my terrible English. (Google translate sucks rules both).
    And my best regards to all!:):D:laugh:

20. Wake

Wake Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice, once again ! :p

blind sniper likes this.