1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Black Screen on save load

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tink89, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Tink89

Tink89 Aquatic Astronaut

Fixed Edit: It was a resolution problem that is fixed by loading the vanilla client, set the resolution to the highest possible (mine was 3000x2000), save, then reload w/smapi and all is well. This issue may be common with laptops and their odd resolutions.

Windows 10, SDV Steam Version (1.2). Problem started with the new update and latest smapi release (1.1)

I'm using the latest SMAPI with all mods removed. On loading there is some flickering but then it moves to the black screen...Suspicious the resolution is screwy and my screen is showing the black portion below my house's interior 'view.' I can hear the game music and the menu blips but alas I cannot see anything to tinker with the settings.

The game only works on new saves with SMAPI -or- old saves without SMAPI which I really don't like.

I've reinstalled SDV, including a 'hard' uninstall deleting the entire game folder. I've deleted the Startup Preferences file in appdata/roaming to no avail. Its gotta be something with my savefile when running smapi.

"[06:33:21 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 493

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017