1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Black boxes graphic glitch !!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by FrazzRazz, May 27, 2017.

1. FrazzRazz

FrazzRazz Void-Bound Voyager

hello! i just wanted to report that i'm currently experiencing some weird glitches with my game.
    it always happens at a certain time and its just so impossible to play, every sprite just randomly turns intro black boxes! its kinda sad for me because i was really hyped about playing starbound again after like two years or something without playing it
    does someone has a solution for this? i'm not using any kind of mod, and all my drivers and the game are up to date

thanks in advance

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your specs.

~ Iris ~

3. FrazzRazz

Oh, my specs are:

Processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz

Video Card
    Intel(R) HD Graphics

RAM
    3.0 GB

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 32-bit

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

considering how I'm always at about 10-25% use or more on my 8 GB, your ram may be a big factor, along with the 32 bit restriction. Under system type in about, if it says its an x64-based processor, I would suggest upgrading to 64 bit. if its x86-based, then there's no getting off of 32 bit

5. FrazzRazz

Oh, well it says x64 bit based processor, do you think if i upgade my system to 64 bits it will run better? dont get me wrong, the game runs moslty fine, i just wanna get rid of the graphics corruption

6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

considering your ram, it does hav a good chance to run better, but not by much

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Also integrated graphics are not really for gaming. Their vram scales with your overall ram so in your case its a hardware restriction. 64bit might help but it is more related to your hardware in general.

~ Iris ~

8. FrazzRazz

thank you so much guys, i really appreciate the help!
    a friend of mine came and told me my laptop is 4GB of ram, but because of the 32 operating system, just let me use 2.43 (roughtly 3gb) so, i think in my case updating to a 64 operating system would be the best, and hopefully fixes the problem

and also, i know my laptop is not the best for playing but its all i have, and i really wanted to play this game, because i love it so much!
    also excuse my english, its not my first language