1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED bk3k's variable planet sizes 1.2

Variable planet sizes, different gravity levels, highly compatible with other universe mods.

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k submitted a new mod:

bk3k's variable planet sizes - Variable planet sizes, different gravity levels, highly compatible with other universe mods.

Read more about this mod...

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated bk3k's variable planet sizes with a new update entry:

Gravity ranges consistency fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

thats really neat, for some reason i always wanted one planet to include every dungeon and village it's designed to have.
    this mod brings it closer to reality :)

4. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

if i am using this mod and find it has a conflict with another mod, can i safely remove it without losing my saved planets?

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Well if it has a conflict, I'd fix it. I made it to work with everything I could find, including something that's since been removed. So if you find anything that doesn't work with this, let me know.

But to answer your question... depends. If you have FU, then you wouldn't have an issue removing this as they also have a (not perfectly identical) definition for these planet size classes. Without this or FU, you'll have planet size classes that aren't in vanilla(but once where). So those size classes will be undefined. You're almost certainly going to get an error for that the moment the client looks at one of those planets.

A better option to total removal then would be to delete celestial.config.patch so that new generation won't use the mod, but the additional size classes are still defined. That would cut out the potential crashing you could get from total removal and without requiring a universe wipe.

6. Ramones_fan

all the planets were saved, in 1.2.3, with FU, this mod and Unigen and something is tweaking the generation so weird combinations of biomes and tiers are showing up in gentle star systems. i'm hoping to fix the tiers issue before porting the worlds to 1.3
    i personally doubt it is your mod and sayter says it isn't FU,but i'm sure if you saw my list of mods you would say i have way too many. by now i think so but don't want to lose saved planets or characters.

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Yeah this mod doesn't touch biomes. Just how big the planets are, and what gravity ranges they might have with respect to their mass.

8. Ramones_fan

thanks, if you have the time, i could use some help figuring out how to edit out the parts of minimum tier levels that are causing the problem w/o losing the varied lush it adds. if i just want to save the few planets with that biome i have, i suspect i could just remove the celestial.config.patch, but i like the biome and want to keep it generating. am i correct about the first part?

BTW off the subject but i am having a weird situation that might amuse youi i have characters with extra action bars and characters without them showing up in the same instance of i.2.3. no clue how or why, other characters just plain won't come up at all.

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I'm not sure what it is you're needing to edit then. What specific question do you have?

As for action bars Starbound's starting checks seems to look at that for characters, and hide those with "missing" bars. Missing as in "made before the mod was installed". But it doesn't do this for inventory mods. It just errors out while attempting to load them.

10. Ramones_fan

minimum threat tiers makes it so that the set tier(ex. T2 for deserts) becomes a minimum tier, resulting in up to tier 6 deserts etc. i want to keep the varied lush (basically higher tiered lush planets with more dungeons and vilages) but not the higher tiered other planet types. FU does enough of that already.

11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Call this a terrestrial_worlds.config.patch file
    Code:
    [
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetDefaults/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/forest/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/desert/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/ocean/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/savannah/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/snow/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/jungle/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/toxic/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/alien/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/arctic/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/tundra/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/midnight/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/volcanic/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/magma/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/scorchedcity/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] },
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/planetTypes/tentacle/threatRange", "value" : [2, 10] }
    ]

Delete from it the lines for the planet types you don't want to mess with. If you delete the last line, remove the comma following the (now last) previous line.

Where you see [2, 10], that's the threat range. So from threat 2 to threat 10, Vanilla only has planets up to thread 6 as it where. So by changing the first number, you change the minumum threat those planets spawn at. And the second number, the maximum. That should make it quite easy to tweak the threat ranges to your liking.

If you wanted to do this with FU planets, just copy one of the lines for each, and change the path to reflect their path. And if so, you'd want this in the _metadata file
    Code:
    "includes" : [ "FrackinUniverse"  ], 

12. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Does it work along 1.3 and FU?

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Yeah. But then FU now has an even bigger planet class that I should work into the mix too. This doesn't cause problems per say. I have it installed alongside FU and TS.

14. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What are planet sizes?
    Is it possible to travel all the way around a planet and wind up back at the start? Does that change with planet size?
    Do planets have a maximum depth to dig down to, and what happens at the bottom? Does that depth change with planet size?

15. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I'm surprised you haven't wrapped around a planet already and dug to the core. The size is x, y in tiles, and that includes the atmosphere too.

16. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated bk3k's variable planet sizes with a new update entry:

Adjustments

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. amirmiked12

Is it compatible with fu ?
    Cause different sizes is deleted now in fu

18. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Essentially yes, but I never really changed the FU variants because they where doing essentially the same thing already when I made this. I suppose it makes sense now to cover their stuff too.

I believe they dropped variations over ocean planets. There might be no perfect solution to that, but I think I'm close enough.

19. amirmiked12

When I found a huge planet it has 5 sub biomes and the names went out of the description section when using the more planet into.. Can u fix it?