1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bk3k's Inventory 1.26

More space, more tabs, better organization, happy hoarding.

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k submitted a new mod:

Bk3k's Inventory - More space, more tabs, better organization, happy hoarding.

Read more about this mod...

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  2. plankin86

plankin86 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I dont pic up the weapon

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

From what mod?

Actually I just thought up a better scheme where the main tab would have only a blacklist and no whitelist. The rest whitelist. That should allow picking up categories that aren't included.

I'll try that once I get home. Should fix the major problem this mod has.

4. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks neat!

I'm wondering here: I think the part that makes it require a new character is because it adds larger slots for inventory size right? Is it theoretically possible to have new category tabs without adding larger inventory sizes, so it won't require new character?

Just a question, not really a request. :)

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I "think" that it still would require a new character. The reason being that it freaks out when the character doesn't have any particular slot it should have. I believe that will be true if you don't have any particular "bag" aka tab either. But feel free to try with the vanilla slot count. I don't think it would work on older characters anyhow.

The solution(besides the devs accounting for this in the engine code) would be to use the utilities in \starbound\win32\
    1. dump_versioned_json.exe to turn the player files into JSON.
    2. Make the character JSON data compliant to one with all the correct slots.
    3. make_versioned_json.exe to turn the edited JSON back into a valid .player file

I haven't invested any real time into figuring out step 2. Probably by building 2 otherwise identical new characters. One with the mod and one vanilla. Comparing them should yield the answer.

Then probably I put together something like a powershell script to automate the process.

The mods that add actionbar slots have the same problem requiring the same solution. It would be cool(but I don't expect it) if something like Starcheat could be used to correct the player files concerning this aspect. Actually I haven't tried that program in a while, and don't know if it would correctly handle characters with this sort of mod.

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Bk3k's Inventory with a new update entry:

Main tab to big blacklist instead of whitelist

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Geodez

Geodez Void-Bound Voyager

It seems that Plutonium Ore from Frackin Universe cannot be picked up.

8. plankin86

plankin86 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much for the correction in vogue.

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Thought I got everything from fu. I'll check again.

No problem.

10. cannotbe

cannotbe Space Hobo

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I see how I missed it. "plutoniumore" is actually exists in vanilla assets. FU patches it, and changes the category from "craftingMaterial" to "fuel". So my method of searching (and making a difference file compared to vanilla) for extra categories couldn't account for this.

Now that I'm home I can fix it.

Ah "tool" is a funny category for objects. Stuff with that is what wouldn't pick up.

12. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Adjusted the categories again, fixed new item indicator locations

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Here's a problem I noticed after the latest update: Whenever I hold a seed or a sapling, the interface flickers rapidly between the seed tab and the furniture tab. Putting down the seed has a 50/50 chance of putting it in either tab. I'm guessing it qualifies for both?

14. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

This looks amazing. Manual inventory management is a kind of realism that's rarely fun in any kind of game. Thanks for making this.

15. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Must have missed that then when re-configuring the objects(forgot seeds and saplings count as objects). But I can fix it.

16. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

17. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Portable Outpost's quest console chip can't b picked up

18. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Updating this far more often than I thought I would be

19. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Cool! I was going to report that the FU tech chips couldn't be picked up, but then I saw that an update was out, installed it... and that fixed the problem. Kudos on your forethought, bk3k.

20. 5tern

5tern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

good work!
    i think that trowable items such as hunting spears, kunai, bombs etc must go in weaponarmor bag instead mainitem bag