Biological/Cybernetic Body Modifcation

Discussion in 'Other' started by Mailboxhead, Mar 31, 2013.

?

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

1. I want to see this implemented.

127 vote(s)
    93.4%
  2. This should not be implemented.

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I think this would be a brilliant addition to the game.
    It would be good as a way to allow more character variety, without relying completely on race-choice, everyone could look quite unique!
    It would definitely be a fun thing to use, and open many new possibilities for characters! :DD

2. Lonewolf222

Lonewolf222 Title Not Found

Just figure I should leave this right here for you to all view. That human girl there looks more machine then woman to be fair. It was the guest wallpaper for April, by AndreKent
    http://playstarbound.com/guest-wallpaper-for-april/
    [​IMG]

Anyways, As for having Cybernetic upgrades and augments for us. I approve although the developers have a hellish workload to fill first. Feature creep can be bad. Actually considering all things, She's a little over the top adorable. She looks like a really happy kitty!

3. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

Yeah, I had considered using that wallpaper to make a signature banner for this thread. I wouldn't expect at all for this feature to be included at launch though. It would likely be a post-launch update or possibly a fan-made mod for the game. I should really add that to the OP.

4. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

If it is cosmetic there should be no problem with obtaining parts for an other race and perhaps there could be some modifications that don't correspond to a particular race(aka extras for people who like a certain look ect :) )

5. Mailboxhead

I sort of understand what you mean. The race-specific mods wouldn't be completely locked from the other races, they'd just be unlocked or researched in the same way the miscellaneous ones are.

And I did say there would be miscellaneous mods.

Dragrath and Britefire like this.
  6. Illmad

Illmad Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, that picture was what originally sparked the idea in my head, leading to me finding this topic in the first place. Sci-fi without cybernetic limbs is like Pizza without cheese.

7. Lonewolf222

Lonewolf222 Title Not Found

I don't know if I'd say its "THAT" important, But I'll nonetheless agree that it add's to the experience often enough.

8. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

As Someone Who Is Going To Study In The Field Of Cybernetics, I Approve.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  9. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

This makes me want to stick cat ears on my cute Floran character :3

...It is your own fault...

10. Luvr117

Luvr117 Void-Bound Voyager

I love the idea, but I think it would be great if they did provide some small stat improvement. Something barely noticeable or very situational but still helpful.
    (a +5% increase in run speed for a leg or something along those lines)

11. Mailboxhead

Well, even though I'm opposed to it, I suppose this sort of mechanic isn't completely out of the question. I don't think it fits Starbound's style to have to micromanage such minor, insignificant stat changes though.

12. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Thats it. I give the milly paw of approval. Though i wont push it to be in the game in time for release, but will eagerly push for a later addition to the game.

13. Mailboxhead

Or possibly even a mod! I don't think it'd be that hard to code, really. I'd just need a good pixel artist. :p

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  14. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Briteneko or Creepwolf would be good people to ask. >:3

15. Mailboxhead

You know, it took me this long to realize you meant Britefire by "Briteneko." :seriously:

creepwolf and Britefire like this.
  16. Mailboxhead

blind sniper likes this.
  17. RainbowStarBoy

RainbowStarBoy Space Spelunker

This should just be part of the character creation. I'm sure the devs are adding more stuff to the options in the creation menu. Hell, we already know about the Novakid but they ain't in the creation tool on the site and that's a whole race! Although, I do see the point in the whole Neko thing. Kinda pointless to put in the creation menu but would only make sense as a permanent option on the characters. A cat ear hat would be pretty lame.
    I would also suggest ignoring Filipfonky. He already said he lurks around looking for mod posts to nay say on (troll? not much of a stretch) and he played the "Your logic makes no logic" card when he isn't even reading his own posts it seems.

18. Mailboxhead

Yeah yeah. That issue with Flip is in the past. Anyway, yes, some of this stuff COULD go right in the character creator, but it could also be fun to find them in the universe yourself. Perhaps if they were procedurally generated, like the armors and weapons?

19. RainbowStarBoy

RainbowStarBoy Space Spelunker

I meant that ignore the negative folks, namely that jerk but Its a great idea that may have been implemented or will be especially if it gets noticed;)