1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Biggy's Reputable Weaponry needs some love

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by noobsqoou, Mar 7, 2017.

1. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

BRW is the one outpost shop that I haven't used even once since its existence. All it does is allow you to craft a random unique throwing weapon, most of which you can find the blueprints for anyway if you explore enough.

A great use that would keep me coming back is the ability to modify generated weapons:
    -- tweaking the fire rate and damage without changing the overall DPS and EPS
    -- switching out bits from other collected weapons to change the appearance
    -- modifying their element types
    -- upgrading the tier of the weapon
    -- giving them custom names
    -- duplicating weapons for sharing with friends or dual-wielding twin weapons

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    STCW262 likes this.
  2. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

These are exactly the things I thought it will offer before I unlocked it.
    I was so excited after I killed the shockhopper only to find that.....meh.
    Never used it once.

3. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

Yeah, it was a rather large disappointment for me as well.

If done right, this could be used to encourage exploration:
    -- Changing the cosmetic appearance could require you to collect generated weapons in order to salvage the bits from them.
    -- Modifying the element types could require you to collect the four main elemental resources, either by hunting the right enemies or farming the four fluffalo.
    -- Upgrading the weapon's tier could require resources mined from planets of the tier desired (probably necessary in order to prevent a starting character from immediately gaining tier 6 weaponry).

Corleone likes this.