Modding Discussion big daddy race mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by death321, Jan 21, 2017.

1. death321

death321 Void-Bound Voyager

I've had this idea for awhile now but i dont have the skill to make it and thought I'd put the idea up here in case anyone wants to make it, i was thinking the ship could be a big bathysphere and you could get a drill as a starting weapon, but those are just my ideas, if anyone does decide to make it i look forward to it :D

2. Magnusito

Magnusito Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since Big Daddies are just humans on a scuba, wouldn't it make more sense if they are only armors? I like the ship idea though.

3. death321

well when a big daddy is created they have their skin grafted to the suit and it essentially becomes their new skin and you could class that as a diffrent race, plus i think it would be fun to play as a big daddy and customize them in the character creation screen

4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I also love this idea, big Big Daddy/Big Sister fan. If I knew anything about races I would take a wack at it.

death321 likes this.
  5. death321

omg your comment reminded me i didn't even think about the different genders for the race, it would be perfect if the male was a big daddy and the female was a big sister! how did i not think of this until now?

6. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be significantly easier in every way just to make it a costume. With costumes, you can mix/match/remove anything at any time on any character. That said:
    Making a barebones race is pretty easy, especially since there are some nice race bases floating around. If you're willing to do the majority of the grunt work, you'll find that there are plenty of people willing to lend you a hand if you get stuck on something, and plenty of resources in the form of questions people have already asked around the forums.
    Again, it makes way more sense IMO to just make big daddy costume sets instead of an actual race, but I ain't gonna complain if somebody has the drive to make a race happen(I suddenly feel the need to go stomping around a hylotl underwater city murdering the locals with a drill)

7. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Hey those locals deserve it, they looked at you funny...