RELEASED Better Swimsuits Mod 2.0

Nicer swimsuit options for your farmer. Trans and Nonbinary Friendly!

1. Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Being nonbinary, I exited the changing room of the bath house and looked at my sprite for a few seconds before going "Ew, that has got to go" then exiting the game and spending hours and hours making several different bathing suits to make them more inclusive for people who don't want to only have one swimsuit option that's based solely on anatomy. If you're trying to make your sprite look like you and you aren't adequately represented here, let me know and I'll see what I can do. :rainbow:

Better Swimsuits Mod - Nicer swimsuit options for your farmer. Trans and Nonbinary Friendly!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    • RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

• Delta9

Absolutely! I just made the image files, but my game computer just tried to die on me, so I still haven't gotten to the point where I can turn it into the xnb. I gave it CPR and it's creaking back to life, though, so I believe you'll have them by tonight!

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
      • Delta9

• RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

It looks great, thank you Delta9 :)

• Delta9

No problem! Let me know if anything doesn't look right, or if there's something you want added. :)

• Tofuffalo

Tofuffalo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this, I'm loving all the variants you've done!
            I think there's a slight problem with the type F binder+shorts file though, the file is named farmer_girl.xnb instead of farmer_girl_base.xnb, I also extracted the png to have a look and it appears as though it's using the bikini+shorts model.
            I haven't looked at the others yet - but other than that, great work, thanks again!

Delta9 likes this.
            • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

top scars from breast de-augmentation surgery are gnarly looking at first. My friend really wants to walk around with nippleshields and piercings eventually after he finally got his.

Oooh pierced nipples? How about on the both body types? Idk, I consider myself a naturalist for the most part at home lolololololol and use a bathroom mod to have it in my house.

• NuclearVampire

NuclearVampire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Delta9 Thanks, this was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2016
                • Delta9

This is kind of derailed, can we limit this to the mod? I don't care about Trolly McTrollpants, let him throw his little tantrum and just report him instead of making him feel special by acknowledging him. :rolleyes:

I'll fix the F model binder and shorts as soon as I can. :up:

I experimented with putting on nipples, but because of the pixel size they looked abnormally huge and weren't on the right place on the chest. I think that nipple piercings would have a similar effect. I'm sorry, I agree that it would have been super cool. :cry:

Tofuffalo and hootootie like this.
                  • Delta9

• octoling

octoling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is great! thank you! :>

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil. Disagreements happens, but you need to be respectful. And if anyone does break the rules, report it, and resist the temptation to take matters into your own hands.

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
                      • L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So, I was trying this mod out and it is nice to have the different swimsuit options. If only there was a way to make it so you can wear the swimsuits anywhere and still be able to ride your horse or use tools with it on. Also being able to run with it as well. I understand that would require a lot of changes in the .pngs, but if you can do that then I would be grateful. Anyways nice job on this mod!

• Delta9

Unfortunately, there's no possible way with the skills I have. There aren't even spaces for running swimsuit sprites and I don't know enough about it to change that. I don't have any clue how to even go about learning how to do that, actually.

To be honest I can only really do pixel art and basic archiving stuff, but considering I picked it up with no training I'm doing pretty good. :nod:

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@Androxilogin's 'Bathhouse Shortcut' mod allows you to enter the bath, change clothing, & then exit via the shortcut, thereby keeping your previous attire on:

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/368/?

tl;dr: Run around in your skivvies! :kitten2:

L3W likes this.
                            • L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

It's fine don't worry about it. I did take a look into the farmer_girl_base.png and I noticed that the sprites above are the pants sprites. I think if they were edited, then it might be possible to make swimsuits that let you do anything normally like regular pants do. However, I think you would need to add new sprites to the shirt.png as well. I mod for Starbound and it is kind of similar if you want to make swimsuits (they need top and bottom sprites even for one-piece swimsuits).

Anyway ...

If you want to try that then feel free to, but if you don't want to that is fine. I just wanted to share my thoughts and info. I think you did a pretty good job. The one major problem I have with modding Stardew Valley is that everything is put on one .png like weapons or shirts ... I wish it was a little more like Starbound modding. Also I dislike only being able to wear pants, but that is a vanilla problem ... :rofl:

Last edited: May 14, 2016
                              • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hi, that does sound pretty doable, but again extra work.

Also, idk if youre aware and also a college student like Delta9 and I, but these next few weeks are brutal. Especially if your like both of us who have to actually study for their finals/do final projects toward the end because we let SDV inspire us to make things March and April that it caused us to emphasize less than optimal to the syllabus schedule in our classes.

Maybe you should take this inquiry to the "get dressed" mod thread and ask Jinxie about it?

Delta9 likes this.
                                • L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

No, I wasn't aware, but I understand college stuff is top priority. Alright I can talk with jinxie about this idea.

Delta9 and taintedwheat like this.
                                  • PrincessWilly

PrincessWilly Void-Bound Voyager

Would you be open to doing crossdressing swimsuits? I'd love to wear a women's bikini or especially a one piece that doesn't have breasts.