1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Better Barren - Elysium Worlds 1.2

Makes those barren planets nicer for setting your home up in

1. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Amber Talamasca submitted a new mod:

Better Barren - Makes those barren planets nicer for setting your home up in

Read more about this mod...

2. Istvan002

Istvan002 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you SO MUCH for posting the mod here too! :D

3. Ray87

Ray87 Void-Bound Voyager

agreed thank you! 5*'s but i cant rate as i have downloaded via steam :S - i was wondering if we will ever see a version/ option where critters still spawn - or is that not possible with out the monsters spawning? (i kinda miss seeing fish in ponds and bunnies/small birds - maybe an increased spawn rate on garden critters would make things a tiny bit less empty)

4. Amber Talamasca

I am currently testing a version where 3 "barren" worlds have been added to the random pool. I've redubbed them to elysium worlds. We now have elysium garden worlds, elysium snow worlds and elysium midnight worlds.
    I'm testing to see if it plays nice with frackin universe, and once i get that done, i will work on adding craftable critters next.

5. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca updated Better Barren with a new update entry:

Better Barren - Elysium Worlds

Read the rest of this update entry...

Corraidhín likes this.
  6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Seems like a really nice mod, what kind of weather do these "barren cousins" have? I dont remember of the top of my head what the weather is like on barren worlds.

7. Amber Talamasca

the barren worlds have only wind.
    The elysium worlds copy from the original biomes, so for example the garden elysium has the garden weather, clear, light and heavy rain and light meteor showers

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ooh ok ok, I misunderstood the description then, ty!
    --- Post updated ---
    Hmm... I am building on an ocean biome... on the sky actually, because the isles are just packed with monsters (I swear I spam rocket launchers and its not enought to clean the place) I think it would be amazing to have such beautiful planets without the broken overpopulated idea of Chucklefish for "monsters spawns"

9. Amber Talamasca

10. wowywot

wowywot Big Damn Hero

Where is the .pak file? I don't know how to install mods if they doesn't have .pak files.

11. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

There's a folder in the zipfile. Drag and drop that folder into your mods folder. :)

I would like to see airless planets (aka a moon-like planet with no ores or those dang floating ghost things) and maybe volcano added to this. The only thing that would make me happier about the ice planets is if they came with bioluminance variants, but I can always forge my own.

12. wowywot

wowywot Big Damn Hero

Thanks, but anyway, I discovered myself. But thanks for helping, 100% usefull (for those who are looking for info).

13. LesserKnown

LesserKnown Poptop Tamer

Could you make desert Elysium worlds? I'd like to have sandstorms to add to that 'desolate' feel.

Crusism likes this.
  14. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I agree; Desert Elysium Worlds would be a lovely addition. Swamp Worlds would be interesting as well.

I would also propose that there could be biomes with weathers not of their biome (e.g. Forest biome having snow or sandstorms, Snow/Dark biome having luminous rain, etc.); it would provide interesting roleplay and building capabilities along with greater aesthetic expression from players everywhere.

Aside from that, I am truly looking forward to the craftable critters.
    As a suggestion, perhaps they can be done like that gnome mod (i.e. having buildings or blocks that generate critters that will die as you leave the planet or disappear as you go off-screen away from them)?

15. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca updated Better Barren - Elysium Worlds with a new update entry:

Vulcanic, Ocean, Scorched City and Eerth added

Read the rest of this update entry...

Crusism likes this.
  16. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Um... When i updated... Lush Elysium worlds are glitched sometimes... :(
    They sometimes use the non Elysium templates and the backgrounds are glitched eithr no grassy background or no background at all.

17. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Could you post a screenshot? I'm terrified to update now... X'D

18. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Here you go (if it uploaded correctly)
    There is also no music on the surface of the planet sometimes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Crusism likes this.
  19. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

There's a typo in one of the volcanic world descriptions. "The lava so far has killed of any life" Should be off.

Otherwise, thanks for the updates!

Crusism likes this.
  20. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, this thing is awesome, but one thing is lacking - the background seems kinda empty. Can we possibly get something like a lunar background on elysiums?

Crusism likes this.