1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [Beta Patch] Game does not progress past Summer 2 year 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by ghoulavenger, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ghoulavenger

ghoulavenger Intergalactic Tourist

A little background, this save game was a successful file recreation of a file I originally liked. Basically reverting to a very old save, back to day 1. Most of this save was played after CA released the latest updates to the beta patch. I noticed some minor issues, which I figured were probably being reported by others, and most of which were fixed (like the exit to title zoom problem). But now that I've gotten to summer 2 year 2, the game crashes when I go to bed. Tried again, crashed again. Loaded up the _old files, skipped through day 1, still crashed when I went to bed on day 2.

I figure this is probably related to an event (such as the year 1 spa opening). But I'm incapable of figuring out what is wrong with the save file on my own.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, I'd recommend posting in the Beta thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/multi-language-open-beta-available.130058/

I tried taking a look, and it seems for your savefile specifically; having Elliott at anything over 1 heart of friendship. So, anything over 250 points in the savefile causes the error. But, only for that night.

If you set the friendship level to 250, you can sleep and go to the next day. After that, raising his friendship back up doesn't seem to be an issue.
      I'll try looking into it more on my end, but the devs would probably be better equipped to handle this.

• ghoulavenger

Ah, I hadn't realized I posted it in the wrong place, I have no issue with reposting in the beta thread. Tested your fix, and it seems to work, I'm kind of torn whether I should move forward or not. It's a very awkward problem to have stumbled into to walk away from without understanding what exactly caused it.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Ah, no you had the right place. This is the Support section. But, since this error is especially weird, and it occurs while using the Beta; I thought the devs would probably be interested.

I've been looking into it more, and I still don't know what causes it. But, I managed to find another strange thing.
          Under your Stats section in the save, the 'DaysPlayed' (the 2nd one, and capitalized)variable seems to crash on 142 or higher. You can lower it, then save for the night. But, it's only a temporary fix; as the next day when it hits '142' again it'll crash. This happens if you don't change the friendship points with Elliott.

<stats>
          <DaysPlayed>142</DaysPlayed>
          </stats>

If you do change the friendship points with Elliott; then that fix is permanent. And, it'll seem to bypass the '142' days played error.
          So, maybe there's a combination of variables in the save leading to some funky math in the game causing issues.

I tried plugging in the friendship, and days played variables into one of my own saves; but it didn't crash. So, there's likely a few more unique items in your save that I haven't found. But, yea; I'm pretty stumped; as what the underlying cause really is.

• ghoulavenger

You know, I still think it's probably an event I triggered somehow. I'm not entirely sure how either. All I know is that Summer 2 is a special day, when Emily gets that fun May Yoba be with you portrait. So I'm going to blame it on Yoba.