1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Best ending to a long game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hugt, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

*Warning*
    *May contain spoilers about endgame*

So my friend and I decided to do a very long run in RoR. We kept using the teleporter to go back to the previous levels to get more items and get even more powerful because well... no such thing as too much power! :mwahaha: There were so many enemies... o_O
    So near the end of our run, we had a bit more than 3 hours. I had around 20 drones and we both almost filled the 3rd bar of items. However, halfway through Providence's first form, this happens.
    [​IMG]

Through some crazy glitch, my fallen drones had multiplied indefinitely to the point where our FPS's had slowed to a crawl (around 10-15) and the boss had disappeared.
    We decided that we just had to disconnect which resulted in us not receiving any of the items that we would have unlocked. We couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing tho. (We had come to the conclusion that we had physically just destroyed the game hahaha)
    And that, ladies and gentleman, is the best game of RoR I've had to date.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    • Malkyn

Malkyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I had a similar run with a friend of mine. Continued for a long time, eventually one of us accidentally acquired the happy mask. Then, while I was bouncing along the top of some cremators in lava (merc with wicked ring and max crits ftw), we both experience and horrible beeping noise that got progressively faster as our frame rates got lower, it eventually just turned into a solid screech, my game crashed, and his FPS dropped to somewhere around 5.

Hugt likes this.
      • NateDiemer

NateDiemer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've had this happen with an Imp overlord at the temple. Once I killed the boss, the extremely loud screeching noise stopped, and my frames corrected themselves. Still trying to figure out how to word a bug report.