Being able to become a merchant

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Highmastet, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Highmastet

Highmastet Phantasmal Quasar

Seeing how far starbound's come since I first played it around a week after it's beta release, it's awesome to see multiple ways to reach tiers instead of always going to new planets and mining for ore. Now you can become a landlord, or a farmer, but I personally wanna become a merchant.

I'm thinking of like, having a placable item (like the terramart shipment one) and then being able to put stock there, like weapons (equipment in general), Vanity/Clothes, Instruments, etc. I'm not sure whether there should be a different one per category to say, but having atleast one general one would be awesome.

I also don't think that it should be an instant sell like the terramart shipment one, but one where NPCs come in, whether they literally teleport outside your shop and come in to buy or come from tennants, or the local planet's populace, or all three! It would really give us the merchant feel if they literally come into the store and browse a bit then either buy or leave depending on what your selling and how good it's quality is.

But yeah, that's what i've got so far.
    What do you guys think?

LtBlujay likes this.
  2. LtBlujay

LtBlujay Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds like a great idea! I've always enjoyed giving my characters roles in my universe. Ex: One character is the farmer, another's the landlord, etc.